Subject: Resource badges question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dániel Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've got a question about the resource badge symbols on cards. Wich one of the following is true?

1. The resource badges only count when activating a primary resource card (one of the four in hand at the start)
2. The r. b. count for all the resource cards in the game. Then which are these (numbers?)?
3. Sould be counted for all card activation?

I guess the right answer is the 1., so they should be counted only for the first 4 resource cards, but of course you have to count every badge in the player's and the neighbours' area (every activated card wether resource card or not, and the cards used for strength too).

And the same goes for the shamanism action, so the Playing Areas should be taken into account only when activating one of these 4 cards.

Is it correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The resource badges are only used for the solo game. They count just like all the other symbols on the cards. Whenever you activate a card with the circular symbol surrounded by arrows, you count the badges and your own face-up symbols of the appropriate colour and use the resulting number in your calculation of the card's effect. It doesn't matter whether it's a basic card or one you have drafted that you are activating.

In short, the correct answer is 3.

Shamanism doesn't change this. Choose a face-up card. Activate it once. If it has a circular symbol surrounded by arrows, use the number of resource badges and your face-up cards of the appropriate colour to determine its effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
The resource badges are only used for the solo game. They count just like all the other symbols on the cards. Whenever you activate a card with the circular symbol surrounded by arrows, you count the badges and your own face-up symbols of the appropriate colour and use the resulting number in your calculation of the card's effect. It doesn't matter whether it's a basic card or one you have drafted that you are activating.

In short, the correct answer is 3.

Shamanism doesn't change this. Choose a face-up card. Activate it once. If it has a circular symbol surrounded by arrows, use the number of resource badges and your face-up cards of the appropriate colour to determine its effect.

Sorry, i think you missunderstood my question (bad english maybe). My question is not about the tokens but about the symbols on the cards. My question is when should i take them into account? When which card is activated?
I'm sure they're not just for the solo game, since i have to count my neighbours' symbols too (english rulebook page 7).

Edit: Thank you! I edited my first question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivix
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
All resource activation cards. Otherwise, buying upgraded cards would be pointless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vivix7 wrote:
All resource activation cards. Otherwise, buying upgraded cards would be pointless.

Ah, good point! Thank you!

So the answer is 2. And after checking the rulebook the cards are the starting 4 + 19,20,21,22,37,38 and 39 (although the 39 seems really strong this way).

Thank you, now it makes sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I misunderstood your question. For some reason I interpreted it to mean the physical badges and not the symbols printed on the cards. Your English was fine; it must have been my groggy Sunday morning mind that faltered.

There is a particular symbol that looks like a resource badge with arrows around it pointing left, right and down. This is on some cards but not others. For example, on Card #20 it shows equipment plus the resource badge symbol/wood plus the resource badge symbol. This means you take into account the appearance of the resource badges in player tableaus just like you do for the starting resource cards. However, a card like #42 simply shows an equipment symbol and an arrow pointing to a horse symbol. This simply means each activation converts an equipment into a horse, regardless of any resource badges that are face up in play areas.

Shamanism simply utilizes a face-up card somewhere on the table. It doesn't change the rules of how the card is executed, except that you may only execute it once.

I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NagyDagy wrote:

So the answer is 2. And after checking the rulebook the cards are the starting 4 + 19,20,21,22,37,38 and 39 (although the 39 seems really strong this way).

My cards show that 29 uses the resource badges, not 39. Also 33 uses them as well.

29 is pay a buffalo to move one river space per red symbol. 33 is pay 2 equipment to move one mountain space per grey symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
Sorry I misunderstood your question. For some reason I interpreted it to mean the physical badges and not the symbols printed on the cards. Your English was fine; it must have been my groggy Sunday morning mind that faltered.

There is a particular symbol that looks like a resource badge with arrows around it pointing left, right and down. This is on some cards but not others. For example, on Card #20 it shows equipment plus the resource badge symbol/wood plus the resource badge symbol. This means you take into account the appearance of the resource badges in player tableaus just like you do for the starting resource cards. However, a card like #42 simply shows an equipment symbol and an arrow pointing to a horse symbol. This simply means each activation converts an equipment into a horse, regardless of any resource badges that are face up in play areas.

Shamanism simply utilizes a face-up card somewhere on the table. It doesn't change the rules of how the card is executed, except that you may only execute it once.

I hope that helps.

Yes!! Now i know that with card 39 i shouldn't count the badges (though it's a resource collecting card). Now it is not 'too strong' card!

The iconography in this game is great (i don't need to look up for cards during play), so i should have figured it out myself..

Thank you all for your help!! Have fun with the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
NagyDagy wrote:

My cards show that 29 uses the resource badges, not 39. Also 33 uses them as well.

29 is pay a buffalo to move one river space per red symbol. 33 is pay 2 equipment to move one mountain space per grey symbol.

Yes, thank you! But 29 and 33 were obvious (it was written in the rulebook)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You shouldn't need the rulebook to figure out which cards use the resource badges. You need to look for the symbol of a resource badge surrounded by three arrows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now i know! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.