Catan: Explorers & Pirates» Forums » General

Subject: sorting game pieces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Radawiec
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Which bags did you end up using to sort your explorers and pirates game pices? I ended up with the two medium size bags leftover. If there was four medium bags I would have used them for the player pieces and building cost cards. How do you pack your game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Auxiliary Axis
msg tools
I definitely have extras.

Since I bought the 5-6 player version, I had a total of 6 big bags and can't remember the small bags.

I believe the spice and fish came in its own bag. Each color had it's own bag. For big bags, I used 1 for the majority of the hexes, number tokens, pirate lair tokens, etc. Another one I used for stacking orange and white pieces with the 3 "circle tokens" of the 4 colors on the outside of the smaller bags, followed by the pirate/fish/spice mission progress pieces. The last bag I use stashed the 5-6 player pieces (mainly hexes), with a small bag inside that contains the additional tokens and spice bags with the tag that tells you how many spices and fish there are supposed to be since I worry those pieces are easiest to lose. This bag also has the scenario text explanations since the big bag size fits it nicely.

Another medium bag is used for the best spice/pirate/fish 1 point tokens, along with the base catan pieces reminder text, the standard hexes + number tokens reminder text, the hexes + number tokens - E&P 5-6 reminder text, the Catan 5-6 Player extension pieces reminder text, and each of the 6 color player pieces reminder text.

Basically I took a 5-6 player Traders & Barbarians box, put the majority of the 5-6 extra pieces in there, put the building cost cards into the T&B card pack, then I put the large bags outside of the T&B smaller box to pack the bags nicely.

Since I don't use the puzzle type pieces, I leave those extra pieces in the 5-6 Explorer & Pirates box, since I have enough accumulated hexes from the previous expansions. (The other two Catan boxes I use are also where the red and blue E&P pieces disappeared to, I believe).

Even if I used all the puzzle pieces, at worst I would just use both the 5-6 and the 3-4 E&P boxes to fit everything in exchange for the inability to put a T&B 5-6 box inside the 3-4 E&P box since I can place all the 5-6 specific stuff in the 5-6 box. It works rather nicely, and I'm very certain you can use this sorting with the original Catan all in the E&P boxes with minimal issues.

In fact, that's a good idea ... put Base Catan + 3-4 E&P in the E&P box, put the 5-6 player stuff in the 5-6 E&P box, and then for C&K or T&B put their respective pieces in their respective box since 5-6 pieces for C&K and T&B can fit easily in the bigger boxes. Seafarers probably will go with C&K since C&K itself lacks new hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.