Subject: Cheers Mr Shnar! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You were right Bryce. It has taken ages between seeing your recommendation, and getting to owning, painting and playing it. But you were so right, its absolutely fantastic. Right up there with Incursion. Thanks again dude! thumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
modest Glad you like it. It's not for everyone, but everyone I've played it with have certainly enjoyed it

I'll be curious to hear if the enjoyment settles after a few games, or if it's still going strong like it is for me and my group.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was 2 of us, so we did 3 commandos on 1st mission. Those crazy commandos split up thinking recon knife wielding nutter could more than handle himself alone. Totally wrong! Started well for him, then majorly overwhelmed until everyone had to run to his recovery, who then also succumbed to the masses! 3 downed, game over.

We both saw loads of options and tactics to try next time. Always a good sign.

Didnt see much use for melee clones though, unless range clones are all out already??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hans4rd wrote:
Didnt see much use for melee clones though, unless range clones are all out already??

It's all situational. If all the marines are using stances that give good Ranged Defense but low Melee Defense, I'll spawn those Rogue Clones to rush them. Also, don't forget that Melee attacks against a Commando who has adrenaline equaling his max adrenaline stat, they gain a bonus Red Die.

So, depending on stance and adrenaline used, Melees are very handy. And don't forget the same-target-clone bonus (an extra black die). When you're swarming, make sure it's all the same type of clone to gain that bonus.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
hans4rd wrote:

This hasn't been the case at all in our two games.
We've found the melee clones to be absolute beasts.
It's possible with a little more experience the commando players will discover how to more easily deal with them.
But for now I'd much rather deal with the shooty clones.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
underling wrote:
hans4rd wrote:

It's possible with a little more experience the commando players will discover how to more easily deal with them.

Kevin

The counter to melee is not maxing out your Commando's adrenaline.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
shnar wrote:
underling wrote:
hans4rd wrote:

Kevin

The counter to melee is not maxing out your Commando's adrenaline.
-shnar

Yep, I totally agree.
But they still get an extra die for second and subsequent attacks on the same target, and yet another die after the crisis point is reached.
As a commando player, it can be a real juggling act between keeping the board relatively clear, and spending too much adrenaline to keep the board relatively clear.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, interesting reading, it is testament to the game that there are real and varied strategies to explore, and thats just mission 1 eh !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes indeed cheers Mr Shnar! I'm simply loving this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.