Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While cleaning up and resorting my soldier cards after a minor flood I have discovered something "interesting". I have two different decks of cards for Fields (092-795 each) and two figures for fields (092-795 AND 533-585). So no deck for 533-585. I do not know if the two decks were mixed together but I do not think so as they were stored in two separate locations and only one got wet in the flood.

I think either one of the decks or one of the soldiers is mislabeled. I, of course, do not know so I leave it to you to decide and hopefully help. Many thanks in advance.

The decks contain:

Private Fields, US M1 Rifle
Look: Sight = 15
Hide: Rally = 1, Cover = 5
Shoot: Close = 13, short = 6, Long = 9, Toss = 8, use hit
Move: walk = 5, climb = 3, Fight = 2
4 VP

"Rank Action Cards":
Shoot
Hit = Short
"Fields may shoot at nearest enemy" in a narrator box
"1 soldier shoots" in a team bubble
Pin

Shoot
Hit on Long and Close
"Fields may move to contact enemy soldier" in a narrator box
"2 soldiers shoot" in a team bubble
Wound

Move
Hit on Long and Blast
"Fields nay take cover" on a narrator box
"5 soldiers move" on a team bubble
'Zip

Soldier Action cards

Shoot
Hit on short
"3 soldiers shoot" in Team bubble
Kill

Shoot
Hit on Blast
"3 soldiers shoot" in Team bubble
Kill\

Look
Hit on short
"1 soldier sights enemy" in team bubble
Would

Move
Hit on Long and Close
"2 soldiers move" in team bubble
Zip

The "other" Fields deck

Private Fields (note, no weapon so I THINK this is a first edition?? I received some errata and update cards but I remember separating them into an envelope in the bottom of the box and they are still there so I do not really know where these came from.)
Look: Sight = 19
Hide: Rally = 1, Cover = 2
Shoot: Close = 7, Short = 4, Long = 5, Toss = 8, Use Hit
Move: Walk = 5, Climb = 3, Fight = 2
3 VP

Rank Action Cards
Look
Hit on Blast
"Fields may move to contact enemy soldier" in narrator box
"2 soldiers sight enemy" in team bubble
Zip

Move
Hit on long and close
"Fields may spot 1 enemy soldier" in narrator box
"5 soldiers move" in team bubble
Wound

Move
Hit on short
"Field smay take cover" in narrator box
"2 soldiers move" in team bubble
Pin

Soldier action cards

Move
Hit on blast
"5 soldiers move" in team bubble

Hide
Hit on short
"1 soldier takes cover" in team bubble
Kill

Hide
Hit on short
"1 soldier takes cover: in team bubble
Wound

Look
Hit on close
"1 soldier sights enemy" in team bubble
Zip

On another note, LBG has been very cooperative in helping me replace the destroyed cardboard (ALL of the terrain tiles and 3d terrain) was wet and has flaked and peeled and buckled. No cards were damaged! The cards that did get wet have dried out straight and undamaged to my eyes. Note that they were not soaked like the tiles (which were right under the leak) but did get wet (the boxes they were in are destroyed). The miniatures (and their bases) avoided the flood (in Plano).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
The first Fields (092-795) matches the character I have.
The second Fields is interesting, I have no idea why he wouldn't have a weapon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Boeck
United States
Eureka
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
092-795 is from the current edition DoD. http://sergeants.ewfl.org/soldier/160 is what I have. Maybe the other deck is from original edition or some other promo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks to you both. I am going to assume the error is that the "second Fields" deck has the wrong dog tag and go on with my life (the figure is correct).

Stranger things have happened and a few minutes with a fine point Sharpie will "fix" the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Doyle

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC
One set is a Promo/Gift from LBG last New Year. It was intended to Promo the new upgraded Skirmishers I think. Look for some sort of training on the one with the odd serial number. Part of the confusion with the Promo cards was miss printed serial numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No training or any markings of any kind (just the normal 4 soldier action cards and three rank action cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AKDoyle wrote:
IIRC
One set is a Promo/Gift from LBG last New Year. It was intended to Promo the new upgraded Skirmishers I think. Look for some sort of training on the one with the odd serial number. Part of the confusion with the Promo cards was miss printed serial numbers.

I think just the Germans Maier and Dreher got upgraded last New Year. Or if the U.S. Harrison and Fields got upgraded, this is the first I recall hearing about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 092-795 should be the character for the DOD set. If you bought the first edition game you would have one without a weapon listed on it. These cards were then replaced around Christmas of that first year. I have both sets and while the replacements (with the weapon listed) are in the box with everything else, I knew right where the original cards were and just confirmed that my original cards match the cards without the weapon.

I think that you got a figure for 533-585, from a squad or extra soldier purchase, and they packed the wrong deck with the figure and base. I ran into situations like that with some of the figures I have ordered in the past. Things seem to have improved in that, at least those that I have received. I know that is why they have the names of the packing person or people on the bags, figures, and boxes now. If there is a mistake they can tell who made it.

Do your other Day of Days characters (Harrison, Maier, and Dreher) have weapons listed on the cards? If not then you have the original characters and the other is "another" Fields. If that is the only duplicate character deck you have then I think there was a mix up with the decks. I have contacted them in the past and while it may take some time, they can usually correct the deck and get you the 533-585 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
AKDoyle wrote:
IIRC

I think just the Germans Maier and Dreher got upgraded last New Year. Or if the U.S. Harrison and Fields got upgraded, this is the first I recall hearing about it.

Harrison and Fields (along with Maier and Dreher) wete upgraded back in 2011, I believe, from the original first edition cards that didn't have the weapons on them to what currently comes with DOD. This was due to there not being enough Shoot or Move actions. I forget exactly which.

Last year the Germans were upgraded as Skirmishers but nothing was done with Harrison and Fields.

Depending on whether you have the original DOD or he later one determined what character cards you got with the purchase.

Here is the link to the original thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/738496/replacementupgraded-c...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got DoD in spring of 2012, so I have that version. I didn't know they were upgraded from previous incarnations, but I did know that Maier and Dreher were upgraded to skirmishers, as I got them last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
AKDoyle wrote:
IIRC

greg is correct that only Maier and Dreher got promo cards. At least as far as i've ever heard.

They are the only two sets of cards that I ever got, anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
slyde wrote:
Hahma wrote:
AKDoyle wrote:
IIRC

greg is correct that only Maier and Dreher got promo cards. At least as far as i've ever heard.

They are the only two sets of cards that I ever got, anyway...

Yep...but they goofed the darn dog tag serial numbers shake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.