Subject: UK Delivery rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Farmer Maggot
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of weeks back I got an email from the ST team saying that UK delivery had been brought forward and sets would be delivered before the New Year. That date has been and gone almost week ago, no game, no contact from UnBound. Anyone know what's going on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last update on anything UK was on Monday 6th.

"We will see what information they have in response to our flurry of terse emails and voicemails tomorrow. But the order is there, it HAS cleared customs as far I understand, we just need to get pricing, send out bills and get them out. This could all be this week."

Since then, nothing. Is it too much to ask "what happened tomorrow" (a week ago now)?

While I can absolutely appreciate its not the fault of the game's creators if a rogue shipping company twiddles their sums, it IS their fault for not giving updates.

Not putting me in the best frame of mind for the game when and if it finally arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farmer Maggot
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[rant]

I'm also quite frustrated and I'm not entirely sure why, when they have the email addresses of everyone involved, they choose to make announcements by making sporadic public posts on forums of which backers may or may not be members. That's if they bother to pass the information on at all of course.

In a way I'm pleasantly surprised anything came of this - about 6 months after the campaign ended I resigned myself to this project failing completely (by contrast I thought Doom was a safe bet so that shows how little I know). I'm glad they got something out of it but I wish they could have been a little more courteous having basically borrowed a bit of cash for a couple of years with no interest and without asking.

C'est la vie and all that jazz.

[/rant]

Yeah, and if anyone from Unbound wants to let us know what's going on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost 2 weeks on and absolute diddly-squat.

Have they spoken to Trade2Europe? If not, why not? If they have, how about filling us in?

They found time to post an update to say "hey, the suggested codexes in the book arene't designed to be built with a single core set..."

Whoopie. Was that REALLY a more important update than telling the backers who still haven't received a thing what the hell is going on with their orders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Last I heard Christopher was working on getting shipping prices to a reasonable level for you guys and verifying pickup points. UK shipping seems to be extremely expensive. I asked Chris for a status update for you all. As soon as I hear something I'll post it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam W
United Kingdom
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who've missed it/not seen it yet, it looks like shipments will be going out over the next couple of days minus the drop points (too complicated and expensive apparently).

More info at:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1107232/uk-ships-but-with-si...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.