Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Sansone
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Over at the Shogun & Samurai Swords Players Group (SSSPG) (http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SSSPG/info), we are looking for a Club Tournament Director and some individual tournament directors for 2014.

Shogun (1986), republished as Samurai Swords (1995), and reimplemented or republished (debatable which) as Ikusa (2011), is a great game. No, not just great ... Shogun is an INCREDIBLE game of skill, strategy, tactics, and luck, featuring an RPG (role-playing game) component (upgradable daimyo!), ambush functionality (ninja anyone? ninja), diplomacy portfolio (with stab-in-the-back option), and never-the-same-game-twice startup mechanic (randomly assigned starting positions).

At SSSPG, we use the Ikusa ruleset in a web-based, 100% non-monetized, no-ads game platform (http://www.ausoft.us/shogun).

We have about 15-20 active players and are looking for some critical mass to enhance the level of play. We are implementing some rating and ranking upgrades and trying to take the site to the next level.

If you'd like to be part of it (especially as a tourney director of some sort), you're quite welcome to join us or volunteer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
memetics memetics
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hi Tim,

A friend and I would love to join the group, probably not (for now) as a tournament director, but I've been unable to get past the Yahoo Groups join pop-up window for the "SSSPG" group; I keep getting a "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content" message. Tried >100 times, with FireFox, Chrome, and even IE. Seems to be a Yahoo issue, if not a CAPTCHA issue. Any advice?

-memetics (trying to register at SSSPG as "myobantigand")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.