Subject: 1 regiment games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried one regiment games? I was thinking the smaller numbers might work well with kids. Or does the game break down with only one regiment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right. I like one regiment games especially if playing multiplayer or if teaching a new comer. Another thing you could try is to simplify terrain using a piece of terrain or two and giving it a single attribute such as rough or fortified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
msg tools
Hello.

I played a 1 regiment game with a friend as an introduction to the game.

I let him choose a race and one hero disk. Then used the prebuilt regiments in the back of the book.

It works fine. Makes for a short game. Although the learning scenario would probably be a better experience.

We played with two terrain pieces as our battlefield was smaller than 3' x 3'.

It may be hard to have a close conclusion to a game with only one regiment, as one good pin becomes a huge advantage.

I played Teclis's regiment vs my friends Azhag's regiment.

In short, Sun dragon's 4 movement pinned Azhag, Spearmen pinned Boar Boyz with Push (Steady > devious/slow, his two options) and Teclis shielded everybody with a -4 damage Shield of Saphery (I instantly house ruled that to -1 dmg). Only loss was Sun dragon to Azhag and an Arrer Boyz. It was a bit brutal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Velkov
Bulgaria
Doganovo
Elin Pelin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might have misplayed the Shield spell. It protects only one disk, not all in range according to this tread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1097702/shield-of-saphery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilightling wrote:
I think you might have misplayed the Shield spell. It protects only one disk, not all in range according to this tread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1097702/shield-of-saphery

Good catch it definitely looks like M S was playing the Shield wrong. One consideration with the 1-regiment games is that players only have 2 command cards and it could put somebody at substantial disadvantage in the RPS part of the game. In our house, we let each player have 3 command cards when playing this format. A friend of mine offered a slight variation which is probably more in line with the balance of the game. He suggested to have a hand of 3 but still only play at most two each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Velkov
Bulgaria
Doganovo
Elin Pelin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
have 3, play two sounds quite nice. I really wanted to see some differen heroes, but I guess we have to wait for the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.