Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A D
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
I am just curious to know if I am the only one with the box corner tearing. I have a corner of the cover and inner box completely torn with little use. I didn't do anything excessive. While reinforcing the corner the other corners started to tear.

Since in general the component seams to be of good quality and it can be a bit heavy, I was expecting the box to be stronger. Specially, since it is big enough to contain expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Box corners teared
torn*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Thomson
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a very slight tear in the corner of my box cover as well, first of my games to do this, and so quickly. It is a little disappointing, as the game components are quite sturdy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the box is exactly square. Be sure that you are orienting the lid correctly when closing it. I've open and closed mine excessively as we seem to play it almost daily here and haven't had any problems with mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Silvers
United States
adairville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, mine arrived torn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Witzel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine also arrived torn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A D
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I fixed the inner box by using cereal box cardboard with hot glue in the corners. The only thing is that the colorful "insert" doesn't fit anymore. I am probably doing to do my own insert with foam core anyways.

For the box cover, I just used a line of flattened hot glue and it seems to do the trick and it still fits.

Sorry for using "teared" instead of "torn" but English is not my first language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Mine arrived torn as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Torn*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squashua

Coconut Creek
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corners of the outer box completely split today after our game; very flimsy paper holding them together. Reinforced them with clear packing tape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a $40 game, it's surprising how many reports of torn box corners and warped boards there are. I am this close to ordering it from Amazon (it's at the lowest price ever, at the time of this reply) but I don't want to experience the same issues and have the little voice say "We told you so!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Garriel
United States
Sicklerville
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My box corners are torn too... I put the box on the chair, setup the game, then forgot the box was there when I sat down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sygyzy wrote:
For a $40 game, it's surprising how many reports of torn box corners and warped boards there are. I am this close to ordering it from Amazon (it's at the lowest price ever, at the time of this reply) but I don't want to experience the same issues and have the little voice say "We told you so!"

I think it's worth the risk. The game is so fun. I think the incidences of severe warping are rare. The corners of my boards are lifting slightly, but it's been a big deal so far. Pretty much every board for every game I own has warped a little bit at least (Zombicide, I'm looking hard at you). I pre-flattened mine for a day or or with heavy books after opening and keep the gel silica in there. It does sound like the publisher sends out replacements if you complain.

As to the original question, one corner on my box is torn. I don't know how it happened, but my heart is a little sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.