Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Jeffrey
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my resolutions this year was to abate my acquisition disorder by limiting my purchases for the year, mostly at the urging of my wife (gifts do not count). I developed some guidelines for my purchases: a game from the past, a game from the present, and a game from the future. The game could be purchased or PnP.

The criteria for a game from the past would be a game published prior to the year 2000, republished or reimplemented games are included as long as the original game was made before 2000. My game to purchase this year is:

Intruder
This game was reimplemented as Hidden Intruder

The criteria for a game from the present would be a game published between 2000 and 2013. My game to purchase this year is:

Gravwell

Lastly, the criteria for a game from the future would be a game published in 2014. My game to purchase this year is:

Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game

There a lot more games I could choose but for now I'm committing to these. If you were to buy just 3 games this year, using the same guidelines I did, what game would you choose?

[EDIT] I created a Geeklist for this thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like a fun little exercise!

My game from the past would be Excape, which was originally published as Exxtra in 1998.

I will tell you that I had not seen Gravwell: Escape from the 9th Dimension until I watched your video tonight. It looks like an awesome game. I would either choose it or Francis Drake. Probably Gravwell.

Does the game of the future have to be published in 2014? If not, I would choose Title Chase: Basketball, which needs around 350 more pre-orders to be produced.

Kevin, you should make a geeklist out of this idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jeffrey
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game can be named in 2014. As long as it hasn't been previously published. I will definitely add a Geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.