Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
And by "this" you mean...? Is there a link missing? Or? Mind explaining?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kotzin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This whole 'Women and Gaming' thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
And may I ask you why you're having such an impression? Is it the name or?

The community was created to offer a common shelter for women (who are a minority in the hobby and in the overall population of the BGG), so that we could meet and share our passions and interests. We do have regular posters that are males, and no one has been ever despised / rejected because he was a male. It's a welcoming community that made many great things for people, and produced no harm.

So, I'd not say it's sexist at all, even if the presence of "women" in the name could give this impression.

Hope this could address your concern If you have something to share, or to talk about, feel free to join the running conversations, at your ease.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Adamus
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. You can make your own "Men and gaming" and no one will bat an eye. Notice that 'Women and gaming' isn't closed for men. I don't see anything sexist in making a place for women who are a minority in gaming and they're looking for another women who also play board games or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel, I see at the time of this posting that you are a new user, having registered about three weeks ago. I don't know if you spent a long time before that lurking, but I will welcome you to BGG all the same. I think you'll find that there is space here for any kind of gamer and any kind of person. Nor are we segregated to our spots; I've been opened to gaming perspectives and new friends I never would have had because just about everyone and everywhere on the 'Geek is so hospitable (it's not perfect and we have some grumps here but it's pretty darn nice compared to anywhere else I've been on the net).

I don't think it's sexist and I'd wager that you won't either after a little while here. Poke around, read some gaming articles and make some friends here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
DominionGuy wrote:
...Or is it just me?

Nope.

Thread Locked
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.