Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Olivier
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, some people from church wanted us to come over today to have lunch and play games. "We've got some fun games, but not cool games like you guys have." they said. Sure thing. I practically bring my games everywhere already.
In hand (or car) were Dixit, Caylus: Magna Carta, Bohnanza, and Star Wars: X wing miniatures game. After Lunch, we played Dixit, Which went well, though i dispaired at the prospect of not getting one of the 'strategy games' in. I won, and the husband of the couple, steve. got second, beating my artsy wife, his english degree wife, and their daughter, surprisingly.
They really enjoyed the strategy and creativity of the game.
After that game, the daughter, Chloe, mentioned that she was interested in the star wars game (My heart leaped), Everyone else was amiable, though my wife ended up sitting it out to nap with my son. I set it up as 4 player, with steve and his wife nikki each having an X-wing, and me and Chloe each having 2 Ties Each. For simplicity's sake, we set up as rookies and academy pilots with no upgrades.
Everyone started enjoying the game right from the start. I made a strafing run by nikki's X-wing and went towards the middle, while chloe and her dad had a slow head-on approach. As they began to fire on each other, I split my ties, on curving around to meet nikki's X-wing, while the other shot over to Steve. Nikki got a chance to come down the side of the table and took out one of Chloe's Ties, then Steve's X-wing was taken out between our ties. After Evading constant barrages from my ties, She took down my undamaged Tie in one shot! It wasn't too long before my other followed. Me and steve both started coaching our teammates, as the remaining undamaged TIE and the 2 hull point remaining X-wing closed in on each other. Nikki got a 1-damage shot in on Chloe, but her return fire at point blank range got the X-wing.
Dramatic win for the empire!
And more importantly, Another family converted to enjoying good board games.
It could get ugly, though, since Chloe was threatened with grounding since she beat her mom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.