Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tread the rule book several times and each time it made a bit more sense to me. Finally today I said enough reading... let's play this puppy and see how things go. My little one being on nap time and the eldest and wife out shopping... well I brought the game out and set it up.

I gathered the characters and shuffled them. I randomly selected the Scout, took my XP markers and drew my cards. Nothing much for weapons except for a brush axe I think. I did have a canteen and The Beast though and this was what made my trip much easier to start with in this game.

I can't remember the first zombie to amble up to the safe house but he was a loner type and went down under the frothing jaws of the Beast. I helped by stabbing with my knife but it was the frenzied lunge and slashing teeth of my somewhat crazed companion that did the trick.

In the next draw or two I ran across City Hall. Knowing that it'd be easier to actually start on my way to the Landing site I moved with some speed and upon arriving found a small horde of zombies infesting the area. One creature... faster than the others noted me and loped over to swing awkwardly with his hands. His nails, poisoned with dried slime, rotting flesh and just a hint of ketchup missed us by a mile. I pushed him back and quickly searched the area... clutched in a dead guardsman's hands was a shotgun... crusted with it's owners blood but still serviceable and better yet... full of ammo! The undead were tough but fell before the loud coughing shots of the fell weapon.

The road was hard and finally at last I could see in the distance the landing pad... the copter was safe behind a double thick chain link fence with stout metal poles driven deep into the earth and lined with barbed wire as well. The pilot could be seen walking around his craft and looking at his watch and his gunner was watching carefully to see if any of the undead got too interested in their being there. A number of screamers saw us coming and their caterwauling drew in more zeds and finally we had a sizable herd for our welcome wagon.

As we approached one faster zed came running out at us... I'd been waiting to use my funny find... a lawnmower blade... it whirred out at the zombie and lopped off it's head... nice and even with no need to touch up anything. Beast was driven mad by the smell and surged in to take a chunk out of another... bringing to the ground. There wasn't much to take but I did spy a treasure... and it saved my life. A tank full of propane... sitting there... undead surging all around it. I took a careful shot and it exploded... carnage (rolled a six) and the hrd of zeds went from "Holy Shit!!" to "My, that is a bit troubling."

I shot and shot and after the smoke cleared... there wasn't but one group left... some unfortunate first responders who'd got caught up helping the wrong person. They were a sad sight... the solid shot from my shotgun and blown huge gaping wounds in them and they'd topple at any moment. But I ran out of steam and they moved to attack. The uncoordinated attack that followed only riled up Beauty and curled the Beast's lips back from his panting mouth. His fangs were stained with blach ichor from the undead bodies. The melee brought in a creeper and then I moved for position, picked up a few interesting things off the ground from a few permanently deceased individuals and turned the undead blocking my pathway into so much zombie mulch.

The pilot threw the gates open and tapped his watch, "You cut it pretty damned close boy... I was almost ready to leave this pad... we're falling back to a new safe line." (3 minutes on the microwave plus some seconds) I boarded the chopper and the dogs hung close by my feet. The copter rose up and we left my poor city... we'd be back I hoped... to retake it from them.

Great game... I know I did a few things wrong through the game but next game will be more on target. Still... I had fun and now I'll be less reluctant to suggest my eldest girl try it out with me. She's not a zed fan but she does love a good hard fought game. And this will be one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three minutes left on the clock is pretty good. I have trouble getting through my hands fast enough and end up wasting time.
Beauty and Beast are always solid investments if you can get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job.

Remember to hum "Staying Alive" when you play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or

"Another one bites the dust"... zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or

When your Cheer Leader with Scoped Rifle is in the High School/Playground location - "I don't like Mondays"..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.