Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ad1642
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looking at the new cards, I noticed that the Recon Grenadier tags the panzerfaust weapon as "C", and soldiers carrying this weapon have a "C" on the unit's picture.

Why bother since limited-ammo weapons are an exception to the general wysiwyg rule and can be used by any remaining soldier regardless if he is carrying it or not?

"Limited-ammo weapons belong to the entire unit..."
(Core Set Revised, Limmited-Ammo Weapons, p.24)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias ??!
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed the same thing. I suppose the rule you quoted is going to be changed. Otherwise, it would be pointless to mark specific soldiers carrying these weapons.
I am quite curious to see what will happen to units like the "Heilige Tod" that include a soldier carrying two mines while another carries no mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone C.
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because with the starters we'll have a reduced part of revised new rules for tactics (a v2 if you wish), after that we'll have a full rulebook with card packs for all the units like the one in the starters. We don't know yet which rules changed, you find one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad1642
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
...and same pattern with the Fakyeli card, 4 soldiers tagged with weapon "B".

Hope this is a rule change, I would agree 100%, I hate exceptions to rules...

However if it's not a rule change, then the new cards are wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Shepard

Bixby
Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest removing all links to the old Dust tactics websites. They keep coming up in Chinese and my virus scanners start screaming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
katman wrote:
I would suggest removing all links to the old Dust tactics websites. They keep coming up in Chinese and my virus scanners start screaming

The www.dust-tactics.com URL works again now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad1642
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You guys were right, change of rule, simple and clean too.

page 35 of the new rulebook:

Limited-Ammo Weapons
(...)
"While a soldier can only use the weapons they are modelled
with, they are assumed to pick up extra ammunition from
fallen comrades from their own squad, so as long as there is
a soldier left in the squad with that weapon
, they still have
all the unit’s remaining ammunition."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a follow up question, in the case of the Sturmpioniere (a unit of five minis).

What happens if there are three minis left in the unit, and they have three Panzerfausts (limited ammo). If one of those three minis is the flamethrower guy (Flammenwerfer 44), can all three Panzerfausts be fired in one attack, or only two Panzerfausts can be fired since the flamethrower guy can't use the Panzerfaust.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.