Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tanner Sandlin
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet I am not the first person with this issue. But I am also sure there are peeps who have a solution.

I have all the expansions for SOTM. Issue is that they do not all fit into the original box. Does anyone have a solution to this? Either a third party box or something?....

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McGown
United States
Pittsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that you have the enhanced edition box. Are you sleeving your cards? I too have all of the expansions and stuff and all of the cards fit in my box just fine, however I do not have them sleeved. Now, I must confess that none of the bits and tokens are in the box. I use a small Plano organizer for the tokens, but as far as the cards are concerned, they fit nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alyn Roddis
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the original edition, in the square box?

My Enhanced Edition cards fit, and I have everything. It's a bit tight but workable - some people put all but one hero in one column and the remaining hero plus environments and villains in the other. I split the heroes in half for the sake of symmetry so the left column contains Absolute Zero to Legacy and the right Nightmist to Wraith, with environments and villains similarly distributed.

I believe that the Vengeance box is supposed to fit all the future expansions, so the whole game will be in two Enhanced Edition-sized boxes.

Sleeved cards won't all fit, but you can buy an empty box from the Greater Than Games site. Three boxes should fit the entire game, including Vengeance and the other future expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alyn Roddis
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bm_eagle wrote:
I assume that you have the enhanced edition box. Are you sleeving your cards? I too have all of the expansions and stuff and all of the cards fit in my box just fine, however I do not have them sleeved. Now, I must confess that none of the bits and tokens are in the box. I use a small Plano organizer for the tokens, but as far as the cards are concerned, they fit nicely.

Ninjaed me!

I keep the tokens and my other custom bits and pieces in one of the expansion boxes. I've seen a mockup of the Vengeance box and it has room for the tokens and the oversized villain cards too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McGown
United States
Pittsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I am wanting to sleeve the cards, but I am waiting for the Vengeance set to come out to have a little more room.

refugeesfromreality wrote:
bm_eagle wrote:

Ninjaed me!

I keep the tokens and my other custom bits and pieces in one of the expansion boxes. I've seen a mockup of the Vengeance box and it has room for the tokens and the oversized villain cards too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread moved to Sentinels of the Multiverse » Forums » General

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond C.
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greater Than Games is reprinting the first two expansions as a single packaged product. The box which it comes in is the same dimensions as the revised base game. For a period over the Xmas holidays, they were selling this game box by itself on their website for around $5. I don't know if this
Box is still available. You may want to contact them for more information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest Bryant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the box the reprinted double expansion comes in is very slightly wider than the EE box, making sleeves fit a little easier (but if they are all sleeved, they still won't all fit in the box I don't think).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Sandlin
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the imput.

Yea, I have sleeved everything and now it does not all fit. I also have the extra one-off heroes/villians/enviroments. Oh well. Ill check to see if I can still order up a empty box from the company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Look for the Artist Sketch Case at Hobby Lobby. With a little work (or wait till march and order an insert from go7gaming.com ) you can fit all the cards currently printed, sleaved, in the box no issue, with room for Vengeance too.

Its a great case. My buddy uses it, and even got Adam to sketch a picture of Tachyon and Wraith fighting Voss on the top of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here is the thread on the official >g forums about using that case

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/a-new-storage-box-2...

(scroll down to post #14 or so)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aa0154 wrote:
Thank you all for the imput.

Yea, I have sleeved everything and now it does not all fit. I also have the extra one-off heroes/villians/enviroments. Oh well. Ill check to see if I can still order up a empty box from the company.

Mine won't fit and they aren't even sleeved. I'm thinking of getting the baseball card boxes using 3: a hero box, a villian box, and an environment/other box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
"I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run…to savour the trip along the way."
mbmbmbmbmb
refugeesfromreality wrote:

My Enhanced Edition cards fit, and I have everything. It's a bit tight but workable - some people put all but one hero in one column and the remaining hero plus environments and villains in the other. I split the heroes in half for the sake of symmetry so the left column contains Absolute Zero to Legacy and the right Nightmist to Wraith, with environments and villains similarly distributed.

Thanks for that, reordering the cards in this manner gave me the wiggle room I needed in the base box.

I've also just finished an insert for the Shattered Timelines box to hold all the tokens and oversized villain cards. Works well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TracyB wrote:

I've also just finished an insert for the Shattered Timelines box to hold all the tokens and oversized villain cards. Works well.

That insert is very pretty. How did you do that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
"I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run…to savour the trip along the way."
mbmbmbmbmb
arenson9 wrote:

That insert is very pretty. How did you do that?

Thanks

I followed these marvellous videos: http://www.orderofgamers.com/using-foamcore-part-1

Basically you cut the base sections of foam core to fit the box, sit the components on it and build the walls around them. Much simpler than you would think, looking at the finished product. I used cheap white glue and a few dressmaking pins and the end result is really sturdy.

Setting out the tokens each game had been driving me potty but I'm hoping that this will lead to more plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebstone Boppman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh that insert is perfect, right now i've been using my expansion boxes (Shattered timelines, and Rook City) for my Big Villain Cards and tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks.

I'm not sure how much having that sort of carrying case would speed things up for me/make a difference. I'd be interested to hear your experience. I've seen some other attempts at keeping the tokens nicely divided, but they've generally lead to the tokens being in small enough spaces that the annoyance of digging them out counteracts the convenience of having them organized.

For my tokens, I will leave all of the HPs in a big pile. It's easy enough to grab whichever I need at a given moment. The colors are quite distinctive.

For the rectangular tokens, I will take the time to lay out three rows of the +1/-1 damage dealt, the +1/-1 damage taken, and the start/end of turn markers. I will then make a stack (of five) for each of the four remaining types of tokens.

This takes a while, BUT, in most cases I can do this while the game is getting started up and people are getting their decks in order, or at least during the first round while others are thinking about what they want to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alyn Roddis
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arenson9 wrote:
For my tokens, I will leave all of the HPs in a big pile. It's easy enough to grab whichever I need at a given moment. The colors are quite distinctive.

You're making my OCD twitch.

Different tokens must be segregated! I have each number of HP token in a separate little bag, and 5 tiny dishes to put them in in the table (the ones go in two dishes so we can have a set at each end of the table since they're the most commonly accessed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.