Warren Davis
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If this belongs in General, I apologize in advance.

This came up in a game this evening & I didn't find any answers on the Forums. Hopefully somebody can answer this:

What happens when a flagship is reduced to zero outside of a battle?

I couldn't find this anywhere, & it's driving me crazy. A definitive answer would be MASSIVELY appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It may not be as explicit as you would like, but in those rare cases just do the same thing as if it were a battle. The wording at the bottom of page 23 says "when defeated" and if your ship is destroyed it was "defeated", whether in battle or otherwise, according to the text right above that part.

"Anytime a starship has damage on it equal to or higher than its current defense, it is defeated."

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be worth asking the question the creator's new forum.

http://alexbykov.com/startrek/index.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
It might be worth asking the question the creator's new forum.

http://alexbykov.com/startrek/index.php

I really wish Alex would stop hiding out there and just come use BGG. It would be infinitely less work than setting up and running a forum, and there is already so much of his stuff here. It just doesn't make much sense to me.

That said, I think the rules are actually (and surprisingly) clear on this one.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bykov
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Im happy to answer questions everywhere. The primary reason for my forum is to bring the questions to me and to have a location to find organized answers related to the game.

Defeat weather in battle or not is the same. Combine all your cards plus 1 Ensign, shuffle, draw a new hand of 5 cards, and end your turn if it is not your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tron

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ABykov wrote:
Im happy to answer questions everywhere. The primary reason for my forum is to bring the questions to me and to have a location to find organized answers related to the game.

Defeat weather in battle or not is the same. Combine all your cards plus 1 Ensign, shuffle, draw a new hand of 5 cards, and end your turn if it is not your turn.

And put starship back at full 8 defense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.