Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Robin Hood» Forums » General

Subject: To be republished by Arcane Wonders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Card sleeves? We don't need no stinkin' card sleeves!
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While watching The Dice Tower's "24 hours of gaming" (part 1 starting @ 2:46:20), Tom Vasel stated that there will be a Dice Tower Essentials Line and the first entry is to be a re-release of Robin Hood (possibly re-themed) by Arcane Wonders...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! Personally, I really enjoy the "Hart an der Grenze" theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good news. Tom is the one who introduced this game to me via YouTube and is the only reason I am subscribed to this forum. Thanks for the news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, I hope they go with the Robin Hood theme (or something similar). I am not that interested in "trying to smuggle things through an airport" theme, or whatever it could be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Card sleeves? We don't need no stinkin' card sleeves!
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. The Robin Hood theme is the way to go. If it aint broke, don't fix it. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hart an der Grenze was the original game (2006) with a theme about crossing the border not airports. The components were also nicer with little suitcases. Much more of an original theme, in my opinion. To each his own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vveaponx wrote:
Hart an der Grenze was the original game (2006) with a theme about crossing the border not airports. The components were also nicer with little suitcases. Much more of an original theme, in my opinion. To each his own.

Fair enough but it's still not something I'd want to explore as a theme. Geez make it about smuggling in the Prohibition era or something. Actually even that wouldn't make it too kid friendly.

I get that the Medieval era stuff is a bit overdone at this point, but something just doesn't sit right about smuggling contraband across the border in today's age. Maybe it's because I see this as a kids game I'd prefer to see a lighter theme. At least with Robin Hood you can argue the smugglers are the good guys.

I have no problem with some darker themes but it depends on the intended audience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been searching for a copy of this game ever since seeing it on the dice tower.
No luck so far, but this gives me hope!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J W
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Maita'i roa ae!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just don't really think Robin Hood matches up with the mechanics as well as well as smuggling does. And: It doesn't have to be (shouldn't be!) drugs soblue blood diamonds soblue sex-workers soblue or explosives soblue being smuggled. It could be fake rolexes and bootleg albums. Or prescription drugs.

Also: Using the US Border as a theme is hard to keep un-racist.

I could get onboard with a prohibition theme. Or maybe you keep the border theme, but add some Wild West flavor?

If the Underground railroad hadn't just been explored, that could have been interesting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferengi Trader...Kick the game into Space with Starfleet as the "Sheriff".

Posted over in the Variants sub-forums.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1126390/rules-of-acquisition...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bordelon
United States
Deerfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Do we have any updated info on a reprint for this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stohot wrote:
Do we have any updated info on a reprint for this?

A little bit of net crawling on google led me to this:

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=13882.msg3320...

Summer of 2014! Fingers crossed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Connolly
United States
Camas
Washington
flag msg tools
I won the 1993 GenCon DnD Open
badge
My Game Convention Logo
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcane Wonders wrote:
Finally, also at Gen Con, Arcane Wonders will introduce its first game in a line of family friendly games, called “The Sheriff of Nottingham”!  In this game you will experience the bustling city of Nottingham like you have never seen before!  Players will be able to step into the shoes of the Sheriff himself, as Prince John plans to arrive in Nottingham soon!

I spent some time on google too... It looks like they're going for a GenCon release. Awesome... I'll be hitting the booth on Thursday morning.

https://www.arcanewonders.com/arcane-wonders/gama-trade-show...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.