Popular Tags: [View All]
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there!

I'm new to BGG (first ever post) and very new to X-Wing. I currently only have the one core set but am enjoying it immensely and looking forward to expanding. I live in a remote area so only get to play with the family but I came up with a bit of solo fun that I thought I would share.

It's very basic but I would be keen to refine or adjust it with any ideas others may have.

So the idea is simple: one ship v up to three guided missiles (I tend to use a target lock or critical hit token for the missiles).

The ship is placed in the centre of one edge of the playing area. One missile enters at the centre of each of the other three edges - at the same time or clockwise on pre-designated turns (1,2,3 or 1,3,5, etc.).

A limited number of asteroids can be added as desired (I tend to use a max of 3 if any) usually minimum range 1 from the edge and minimum range 2 from each other.

Rules for the missile = It always moves straight towards the players ship, moves straight ahead 2 only (directly at ship no matter what the missiles previous heading was), and can only be destroyed with a critical hit. The missile hits the ship as soon as it overlaps or when the 2 template reaches it.

If the missile ends it's move overlapping an asteroid or has to pass through an asteroid it rolls for damage and explodes if any damage occurs (crit or non crit).

And that's about it.

It's quite tricky trying to keep your distance whilst also trying to get the missile into your firing arc - it's a bit of fun racing away then koiogranning to get a few shots off.

It could be fine tuned depending on what ship is used (i.e. each missile does 1 damage against a TIE or 5 damage against a Falcon) or it could just be one hit destroys the ship - I don't know much about other ships yet so haven't considered this too deeply.

Anyway, it's just a bit of filler fluff fun for passing a few minutes. Although I have been intrigued about the idea of a missile chasing a ship in the middle of a pitch space battle...

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminds of a solo scenario published in The General for Richtofens War. But in that one the player is attempting to shoot down unmanned explosive laden aircraft before they exit the map. They move generally in a straight line but change speed and shift laterally due to the wind. Maybe there's an idea in there for you as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.