Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is this considered Rolling Double ??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
HHHHH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 player game

My turn: I have 2 dice, a 3 and a 1, I placed the 1 on the board.

Next player's turn: He place one of his dice and bumped my 1 dice off the board. I immediately roll that die and got a 3.

My turn again: Now I have two dice both showing 3s. Is this a double? Do I place both dice on the board this turn ???

Thanks for your input

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you may now place them both on your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

If at the very beginning of your turn you have two or more available (off the board and in your personal supply) workers of the same knowledge value you may place all of them that turn.

On the rare occasion that you have all 4 of your workers available and 2 each of the same value (e.g. two twos and two fours) you may place one pair of workers on that turn and the other on the next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Nguyen
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
What is the ruling on rolling triples? Do you get to use all three dice or only 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. 2 or more. Quads even...if you can manage it without losing a worker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, at the beginning of your turn, look at all of your available workers. Choose a number on at least one of the dice. You may place all worker dice that share that number on your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
But if you have a 4 and a 4 in your supply, and you place the 4 by bumping your third worker off the board -- reroll it and get a 4, you would not be able to place all 3 dice, just the original two 4s, or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Only the workers with matching knowledge at the beginning of your turn may be placed on that same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete, that's exactly correct. David, you only look at your workers at the beginning of your turn because otherwise it would be possible to have an infinite turn from bumping and rolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HHHHH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:

On the rare occasion that you have all 4 of your workers available and 2 each of the same value (e.g. two twos and two fours) you may place one pair of workers on that turn and the other on the next.

Hi Jamey, is this statement valid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay: That is accurate. So, say you start your turn with two 3s and two 4s. You may choose one of those numbers and place all dice with that number, so you place the 3, pay the cost, gain the benefit, and then you place the other 3, pay the cost, gain the benefit. On your next turn, again you look at your available workers and you still have that pair of 4s. So you play them one after the other on the same turn.

In fact, just to be clear, say in that example you place a 3 and then bump it with the other 3. The resulting roll is a 4 (which might make you lose a worker due to the knowledge total, but let's assume that doesn't happen). On your next turn, you have three 4s in your available worker pool, so you may place all of them on the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
What if someone has a 3 in front of him, available to place; And this person has another worker on the board that is a 3 on a tunnel.

Can the player play his 3 on the tunnel, bumping his other 3, and then get to play the second 3 that he just bumped off the board? He said it wasn't an abuse, because he could only do this once per turn even if he put the second 3 back on the tunnel for another bump (which he did to stay set up for next turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam: That player couldn't have made that play. You only look for doubles at the beginning of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Wow, thanks for the fast reply. That was what I thought, but I wasn't the owner of the game. Better to be sociable and get to play. :P

I've played with some people who always re-roll the dice when they are bumped off the board. But in this game it was insisted that the dice were only re-rolled when the player takes the action to reclaim workers. It's probably in the rules somewhere, but I was curious which way it is supposed to work.

Reading an example earlier in this thread makes it seem like dice are always re-rolled when they become available, regardless of whether they are bumped off or actively reclaimed by the player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Broen Thorning
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkherokaze wrote:
What if someone has a 3 in front of him, available to place; And this person has another worker on the board that is a 3 on a tunnel.

Can the player play his 3 on the tunnel, bumping his other 3, and then get to play the second 3 that he just bumped off the board? He said it wasn't an abuse, because he could only do this once per turn even if he put the second 3 back on the tunnel for another bump (which he did to stay set up for next turn).

Further to what Jamey said, once a worker is bumped off the board it is immediately rolled, so because it is a 3 on the board does not mean it is a 3 once it comes off.

It sounds to me like he just took the die off the board and added it to his own pool of workers as it were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Yep, that was how it was played.

But you might be tickled to hear that I ended up winning that game anyways, by just a nose. It was a 4 player game and the other 3 of us went on a building rampage, which I instigated by putting down the first brick in most cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Broen Thorning
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkherokaze wrote:
Yep, that was how it was played.

But you might be tickled to hear that I ended up winning that game anyways, by just a nose. It was a 4 player game and the other 3 of us went on a building rampage, which I instigated by putting down the first brick in most cases.

Well-played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Nicolai--that's correct. Whenever workers are taken off the board for any reason (retrieving, bumping, making new workers, or building a market), they are rolled and knowledge total is checked.

Congrats on winning despite that misunderstanding, Adam!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.