Playa del Rey
California
flag msg tools
Scenario:
-3 players still alive
Player A: Hunter (team villager)
Player B: Villager (team Lover)
Player C: Werewolf (team Lover)

Circumstances have it so that night falls. Only option really? Werewolf kills Hunter. Hunter will kill either of the other 2...and now everyone is dead. Who won?

Theory 1: even though the Hunter initiated a reactive power, the MOMENT he died and had not yet called his target, the Lovers are standing alone so they win

Theory 2: the Hunter's power goes off 'simultaneously' ==> EVERYONE died in end simultaneously = Well, at that point, the number of werewolves equals or exceeds everyone else, so team Werewolf wins (NOT team Lover)

Theory 3: the Hunter's power goes off 'simultaneously' ==> EVERYONE died in end simultaneously = since all werewolves were slain, Team Villager wins (NOT Team Lovers)

I...I...I thought I knew this game pretty well...I can't imagine how to resolve this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you found a way for everybody to lose...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternatively you could play so that the hunter can only shoot when lynched. (Which kinda makes sense. He's being taken in his sleep. Who sleeps with a gun under his pillow? Oh, wait...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I say there is no winner. To win you must have at least one person alive.

The village and Werewolves both failed because they were unable to eliminate the opposition without being dragged down themselves.

I say build a new village over top of their corpses and play another round. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone loses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hunter doesn't have to Shoot.

I'd say the village wins as they have killed all the werewolves. That is their goal. The wolves win with parity, which isn't achieved.

Yes, no one is alive, but other villages are allowed to prosper for the betterment of mankind... Selfish werewolf players.."no one wins..."

When a "typical" game is over, the Dead Villagers get to rejoice with the live ones..as they ALL win. So, therefore, they all still win, they just are all dead...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:
Everyone loses

...when someone suggested playing with Cupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:

I'd say the village wins as they have killed all the werewolves. That is their goal. The wolves win with parity, which isn't achieved.

Well, both things happened, parity (0:0) got achieved and all werevolves killed happened as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some similar discussion here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/746825/star-crossed-lovers-i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.