Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Νewbie question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi geeks!

Just got this game and preparing for my first rounds...
Been through the whole rulebook plenty of times and I've seen few videos (tutorials).
What I would like to ask is this:
My recruitment card (lets say I have waste-landers) allows me to place workers on places that other players who don't have waste-landers can not?
I'm asking this for tunnels....
To rephrase my question, tunnels of each faction can be used only by the players who have the corresponding recruits?
If yes, this restriction goes only with tunnels? (all other possible worker spots are available for all players?)

Thanks in advance!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone can use any of the tunnels to dig for a resource/artifact and advance the dig marker. Only those with a corresponding active recruit for that tunnel's faction will receive the 2nd tier allegiance bonus (if reached) or be able to use the special space at the end of the tunnel which is uncovered when the tunnel end has been reached.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
Anyone can use any of the tunnels to dig for a resource/artifact and advance the dig marker. Only those with a corresponding active recruit for that tunnel's faction will receive the 2nd tier allegiance bonus (if reached) or be able to use the special space at the end of the tunnel which is uncovered when the tunnel end has been reached.


Thanks Pete for the imidiate response!meeple
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If your recruit is a Wastelander, you get:

1) an extra food (once the influence track is at 2)
2) both brick and an artifact from their tunnel (once the influence track is at 5)
3) the ability to use the last square of the tunnel, after it is completed
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Nguyen
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
Anyone can use any of the tunnels to dig for a resource/artifact and advance the dig marker. Only those with a corresponding active recruit for that tunnel's faction will receive the 2nd tier allegiance bonus (if reached) or be able to use the special space at the end of the tunnel which is uncovered when the tunnel end has been reached.


That's another rule I missed, I thought everyone got the Tier 2 bonus not just the revealed recruits of that faction. I knew about the end of the tunnel, but missed the other.

So I'm assuming this is the same for commodity areas, as well? If you have the recruit, then you get the Tier 1 bonus?

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonkers303 wrote:
So I'm assuming this is the same for commodity areas, as well? If you have the recruit, then you get the Tier 1 bonus?

All bonuses are only for players with recruits in corresponding faction.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete and Curt are correct. The allegiance track bonuses are only for players with active recruits of those factions (the third tier of the allegiance track unlocks recruits of that faction). Any player may place a worker at on the front end of a tunnel to pay the cost, gain the normal benefit, and move the miner meeple. Once the special spaces at the end of the tunnel are unlocked, only players with recruits of that faction may place workers on that special space.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Pete and Curt are correct. The allegiance track bonuses are only for players with active recruits of those factions (the third tier of the allegiance track unlocks recruits of that faction). Any player may place a worker at on the front end of a tunnel to pay the cost, gain the normal benefit, and move the miner meeple. Once the special spaces at the end of the tunnel are unlocked, only players with recruits of that faction may place workers on that special space.


Wow, I missed that first part. I knew the special space was for people with a recruit, but I didn't know you had to have a recruit to get the commies bonus, makes total sense.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmo Flynno
United States
Croydon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EricHogue wrote:
If your recruit is a Wastelander, you get:

1) an extra food (once the influence track is at 2)
2) both brick and an artifact from their tunnel (once the influence track is at 5)
3) the ability to use the last square of the tunnel, after it is completed


We have been playing the bonuses at 1 and 4 of the allegiance track. It is 2 and 5? Does that mean that the hidden recruit must wait for the 8th spot on the allegiance track?

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 2, 5, 8 and 11 advances for the bonuses. The allegiance markers start on the word "start" and advances from there. Consequently the first advance gains no bonuses.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmo Flynno
United States
Croydon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just figured it out, the Euphoria allegiance track goes to 11.

I thought it started at 0 and went to 10, but this one goes to 11...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmo Flynno
United States
Croydon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
It's 2, 5, 8 and 11 advances for the bonuses. The allegiance markers start on the word "start" and advances from there. Consequently the first advance gains no bonuses.


There it is, our mistake! We were not starting on the "Start", we were starting on the first square.

Thank you, Pete!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the word start is confusing outside of the track. If only the word start had been enclosed in a track square then it would make sense and be more consistent with the rest of the user experience and board iconography.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
havoctimmo wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
It's 2, 5, 8 and 11 advances for the bonuses. The allegiance markers start on the word "start" and advances from there. Consequently the first advance gains no bonuses.


There it is, our mistake! We were not starting on the "Start", we were starting on the first square.

Thank you, Pete!


OMG, we were doing the same thing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
havoctimmo wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
It's 2, 5, 8 and 11 advances for the bonuses. The allegiance markers start on the word "start" and advances from there. Consequently the first advance gains no bonuses.


There it is, our mistake! We were not starting on the "Start", we were starting on the first square.

Thank you, Pete!


OMG, we were doing the same thing.


Right. It doesn't make much sense to start outside of a track on a printed word. I wasn't sure until (a) I looked at the picture in the rulebook after (b) I saw it mentioned in the rulebook that the benefits unlocked on space 2 of the track.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
havoctimmo wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
It's 2, 5, 8 and 11 advances for the bonuses. The allegiance markers start on the word "start" and advances from there. Consequently the first advance gains no bonuses.


There it is, our mistake! We were not starting on the "Start", we were starting on the first square.

Thank you, Pete!


OMG, we were doing the same thing.


Same here!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lindvall
United States
Bismarck
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
havoctimmo wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
It's 2, 5, 8 and 11 advances for the bonuses. The allegiance markers start on the word "start" and advances from there. Consequently the first advance gains no bonuses.


There it is, our mistake! We were not starting on the "Start", we were starting on the first square.

Thank you, Pete!


I discovered I had been making the same mistake. Playing as we did probably doesn't seriously damage the game play, probably speeds it up a bit if anything.

But, I'll correct it going forward.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.