Two Rooms and a Boom» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 2R1B PBF #52 - Port Phasmatys - Round 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Players in Port Phasmatys at the beginning of Round 1:

dangermark
Itai
rangers85
Rhanddom
SailingChris

Starting Leader:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
None

Room, please elect a leader and choose ONE HOSTAGE to transfer from Port Phasmatys to Zanaris. Leader, bold that you've chosen your hostage to the room thread, and PM me your choices. Also, Leaders please consider using a Second-in-Command.

Your deadline to do this is Tuesday, 15:00 BGG time (CST).

If you have a rules or role question, PM me, and I'll answer them in the main thread.

Final Roleset

Please remember: All players assigned into a room MUST NOT CHEAT and look at the other room's thread. They may only read and post in their assigned room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder: Because we are playing with 10 players, you are not permitted to color share or color reveal in this game.

Private reveals, public reveals, and card shares are the only types of reveals that are allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott T
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So looks like I'm first. Are we going to party or what? I brought the beer pong table and balls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Lawrence
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
The honey badger is really pretty badass. It has no regard for any other animal whatsoever. Look at him, he's just grunting, and eating snakes. Eew! What's that? A mouse? Oh that's nasty.
badge
But look! The honey badger doesn't care! It's getting stung like a thousand times. It doesn't give a $#%^. It's just hungry. It doesn't care about being stung by bees. Nothing can stop the honey badger when it's hungry. What a crazy @&#%!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

Not sure how to get started here with no color shares and the roles we have. Anyone want to private card reveal to me? I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask. I might also be willing to try a card share. I suppose the worst that can happen is that I become shy or hypnotized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott T
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SailingChris wrote:
Hello everyone!

Not sure how to get started here with no color shares and the roles we have. Anyone want to private card reveal to me? I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask. I might also be willing to try a card share. I suppose the worst that can happen is that I become shy or hypnotized.

That's like asking what's the worst that can happen when I go in to a brothel? Oh only an STD?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Lawrence
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
The honey badger is really pretty badass. It has no regard for any other animal whatsoever. Look at him, he's just grunting, and eating snakes. Eew! What's that? A mouse? Oh that's nasty.
badge
But look! The honey badger doesn't care! It's getting stung like a thousand times. It doesn't give a $#%^. It's just hungry. It doesn't care about being stung by bees. Nothing can stop the honey badger when it's hungry. What a crazy @&#%!
mbmbmbmbmb
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Hello everyone!

That's like asking what's the worst that can happen when I go in to a brothel? Oh only an STD?

I'm clean and would like to stay that way, so I would much rather a private reveal of course. But it seems at some point you'll have to take a risk and I don't mind taking the risk early if it helps me find friends and develop a circle of trust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott T
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm clean and would like to stay that way, so I would much rather a private reveal of course. But it seems at some point you'll have to take a risk and I don't mind taking the risk early if it helps me find friends and develop a circle of trust.

Yeah seems to be a risk/reward here. This one though almost feels a bit more like werewolf since it's harder to find and trust people on your team.

Wouldn't mind hearing thoughts from our other 3 residents too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Hello everyone!

Yeah seems to be a risk/reward here. This one though almost feels a bit more like werewolf since it's harder to find and trust people on your team.

Perhaps someone can explain to us n00bs what sensible goals the Blue and Red teams respectively would want to pursue on D1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Lawrence
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'll be headed offline soon. If folks want to get things going, feel free to private reveal or offer card share to me. I'll be back online in about 4 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
Perhaps someone can explain to us n00bs what sensible goals the Blue and Red teams respectively would want to pursue on D1?

The basic objectives of 2R1B:

Identify the President.
Identify the Bomber.
Trap them both in a room controlled by your team.
Final round: Either send one of the VIPs away (if you're Blue team) or send a non-VIP away (if you're Red team).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Lawrence
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'd say you want to find a few friends to develop a circle of trust. Then if you can, take control of the room. And basically get as much info as you can about roles, especially the VIPs.

But with no color sharing and these roles, I think developing a circle of trust will be more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott T
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm a noob too. But from what I've read other games, mostly the first day is spent finding people on your team in your current room and then figuring each other's roles from there. Doesn't seem to work here because only unique roles that'd identify your team are president or bomber both of which have an incentive to remain hidden.

May have to go back and find another no-color reveal game to skim through tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
rangers85 wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm a noob too. But from what I've read other games, mostly the first day is spent finding people on your team in your current room and then figuring each other's roles from there. Doesn't seem to work here because only unique roles that'd identify your team are president or bomber both of which have an incentive to remain hidden.

May have to go back and find another no-color reveal game to skim through tonight.

Mod, doesn't a role share include the color? I thought the "no color reveal/share" thing meant "no color-only reveal/share".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
In any case, let's find out. Rangers, may I offer you a card share?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
Mod, doesn't a role share include the color? I thought the "no color reveal/share" thing meant "no color-only reveal/share".

Imagine you are holding a card in your hand.

In games with 11+ players, you may hold your hand over your card in a way that only the color is showing (the role is covered by your hand).

That isn't allowed in this game. If you're showing someone your card, you're showing both color and role.

So if you card share with someone, you show the full card - you'll tell them "I am the BLUE NINJA" or "I am the RED BODY SNATCHER".

If you public reveal to the room, you show the full card.

If you private reveal to someone, you show the full card.

Does that make more sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
mmazala wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:

In games with 11+ players, you may hold your hand over your card in a way that only the color is showing (the role is covered by your hand).

That isn't allowed in this game. If you're showing someone your card, you're showing both color and role.

So if you card share with someone, you show the full card - you'll tell them "I am the BLUE NINJA" or "I am the RED BODY SNATCHER".

Yes, that's how I read it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott T
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:

Ah thanks for clarification, I had it in my head you could only reveal hypnotist, criminal, etc but not color. So you'd have no ability to decipher they are blue vs red hypnotist for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone made up a role similar to that idea - The Tease. When you color share with the Tease, instead of seeing a color, you just see "The Tease" - so you know their role, but not their color. You have to card share to find out the color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
SailingChris wrote:
I'd say you want to find a few friends to develop a circle of trust. Then if you can, take control of the room. And basically get as much info as you can about roles, especially the VIPs.

But with no color sharing and these roles, I think developing a circle of trust will be more difficult.

How about a circle of distrust..? Anyone up for that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'll be headed offline soon. If folks want to get things going, feel free to private reveal or offer card share to me. I'll be back online in about 4 hours.

Well, if you want, let's card share and see what happens.
Offer card share to SailingChris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Lawrence
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Itai wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Hello everyone!

ok...here goes.....

accept card share with Itai

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott T
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SailingChris wrote:
Itai wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Hello everyone!

ok...here goes.....

Anybody die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Lawrence
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Itai wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Hello everyone!

ok...here goes.....

Anybody die?

I'm still alive. But still looking for a friend....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Lawrence
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Itai wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
rangers85 wrote:
SailingChris wrote:
Hello everyone!

ok...here goes.....

Anybody die?

Maybe I'm pushing my luck, but.... Offer card share Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Lawrence
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Revoke card share Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.