Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Anyone know (hopefully Fred will read this) if POTDT is on track for it's expected March delivery date?.
Not heard much on this game at all for ages, so an update would be good, and an idea that it is or is not on track.
Thanks
Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred MacKenzie
United States
Florence
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I have no idea where Game Salute is at in the production schedule. Maybe somebody from there can chime in with an update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Fred.
Do you not work for those guys any longer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up apparently GS hasn't even submitted the files to be printed yet. I'm not going to say anything bad about that, as I'm sure they're loaded with other great projects, but there is no way backers will see it next month. If printing hasn't even started, I'd expect it in July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kolby.
I personally just wish we were kept informed and given an explanation when things overrun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. To be honest I don't see any reason why this one had to be delayed, but I'm going to stay out of it. I'm just offering the facts this time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
No problem. To be honest I don't see any reason why this one had to be delayed, but I'm going to stay out of it. I'm just offering the facts this time around.

Very wise, Don't ask me how I know ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
Just a heads up apparently GS hasn't even submitted the files to be printed yet. I'm not going to say anything bad about that, as I'm sure they're loaded with other great projects, but there is no way backers will see it next month. If printing hasn't even started, I'd expect it in July.

Is there something going on with GS? Within the past few days there was another KS project that was being delayed and there was some blame placed on GS as being the issue. Something to do with holding different games so they can all have components produced together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weezknight wrote:
reddish22 wrote:

Is there something going on with GS? Within the past few days there was another KS project that was being delayed and there was some blame placed on GS as being the issue. Something to do with holding different games so they can all have components produced together.

I don't know anything about that. I do feel like they're not managing their projects very effectively as this one wasn't expected until nine months after the campaign ended if I remember correctly and they still haven't even begun production. Basically same thing on the new Alien Frontiers KS as well, its like already 3 months late and the art isn't even finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame to hear that the info coming out of GS has stopped. I very nearly backed this project. Maybe I dodged a bullet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjamin, I fully expected this to run late, very few kick starters deliver on time.
Even though I accept the above statement I also think:

1) the publisher should build into the kick starter a buffer for things overrunning and offer "realistic" shipping dates, not fictitious ones they have no intention of delivering on.

2) it seems to be the norm now for kick starters to overrun - even by a year and that is acceptable. I think it is not.

3) I think the minute a kick starter overruns ( this one already has now) , they should mail each backer apologising and explain what went wrong to make it overrun. For me that's just common decency.

I'm not beating up on game salute at all, I just think kick starter as a whole needs to up its game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
I'm not beating up on game salute at all, I just think kick starter as a whole needs to up its game.

Right, but there is no amorphous group called "kickstarter" that has to up its game. That's 100% on the publishers.

Kickstarter was a way for designers (and now it seems publishers) to transfer risk to consumers. While I'm not thrilled with that to begin with, it seems pretty ridiculous to then treat your consumers with contempt after you've transferred all the risk to them. It is not asking too much to expect a publisher to subscribe to their games on BGG and chime in to occasional comment threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjamin you are right, yes it's not the " kick starter model" it is indeed the publishers.
Again if game salute look in here I'm not beating up on you, but I do think kick starter as a whole will suffer a back lash in the not too distant future unless things change.
There are clear exceptions to the rule though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
1) the publisher should build into the kick starter a buffer for things overrunning and offer "realistic" shipping dates, not fictitious ones they have no intention of delivering on.

You are wrong here. They should stop intending to deliver on dates that can only me made if they roll 66666666
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be VERY surprised if this game sees the light of day in 2014 at all.
Hope I'm wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred MacKenzie
United States
Florence
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
Hope I'm wrong.

I believe you will be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CMG2 wrote:
biffta wrote:
Hope I'm wrong.

I think the big problem is GS advertised this project and many of their other projects as "ready to print" suggesting they'd be done in no time. I wasn't a backer of this game, even though I was super interested in it, mostly just because of the really high cost compared to other games. I'm really glad I'm not a backer, I'd be pretty mad. GS made it sound multiple times as if the game was totally ready to go, and March would be the time we'd see it. The thing that bothers me isn't that there are delays with the KS programs, it's that they wait until way too late to let backers know that. They have been around the block enough times to know that the March 2014 date wasn't going to happen, but instead they waited until mid February to let backers know that they still hadn't sent the game to the printers and were in fact still waiting on completing the files.

I know it sounds odd because I don't have a dog in the fight, but I am a backer of Alien Frontiers fourth edition, simply for the add-on faction packs. The same exact thing happened, Nov 2013 delivery date, about a month before delivery, we find out they haven't completed even 1/3 of the art for the project. I honestly believe that GS holds this information back from their backers when they know it very far in advance because telling people that the stretch goals unlocked will add 6-12 months onto the delivery time upfront would see a sharp drop in pledges. For the record, I'll never back another GS KS, and I've actually started the refund process for Alien Frontiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CMG2 wrote:
biffta wrote:
Hope I'm wrong.

Fred, I hope you are right

Edit:
I'm still waiting on Formula E, that was supposed to be August 2013

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
CMG2 wrote:
biffta wrote:
Hope I'm wrong.

Fred, I hope you are right

Edit:
I'm still waiting on Formula E, that was supposed to be August 2013

I thought these were getting shipped? Could have sworn I read that someone had received their copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some are getting copies, some are not - apparently there is/was some sort of stock issue.
I am still waiting for my copy of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.