Subject: Mines Laying mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun game to play, looking forward to expansion!

It's my first time playing the Mine laying mission. I understand the load out of the u-boat, no problem there. However if I understand it correctly, I rolled for British Isles for patrol assignment. So I put the u-boat in front of the Transit (Bay of Biscay) section, so now I move into this box and now I roll on the Special Mission chart. I have rolled 9 so this means no encounter with the aircraft - meaning the mine laying mission was a success and I can now load torpedoes before proceeding to next box correct ?

Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Markowski
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Peter,

That's correct. If you don't have a special encounter in the mission box, your mission is a success. You can remove the mines, load torpedoes, and move to the next box.

Edit: I misread the OP. My post still stands, but the mission box is labeled by the (M/A), and it's usually the first non-Transit box. That's where you would make the roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard van der Haak
Netherlands
Boerakker
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You perform the mission rolls in the mission box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Smith
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JG53_Jaguar wrote:

It's my first time playing the Mine laying mission. I understand the load out of the u-boat, no problem there. However if I understand it correctly, I rolled for British Isles for patrol assignment. So I put the u-boat in front of the Transit (Bay of Biscay) section, so now I move into this box and now I roll on the Special Mission chart. I have rolled 9 so this means no encounter with the aircraft - meaning the mine laying mission was a success and I can now load torpedoes before proceeding to next box correct ?

Thanks guys!

Peter,

Just to be perfectly clear.

You rolled for Patrol Assignment on P1 and got a British Isles (M) result - correct?

Now you place your U-Boat marker (I'm using a Tyoe VIIa) on the Transit/Bay of Biscay space on the British Isles track. Notice that three spaces to the right there is a space labelled "Mission (M/A)". You have to get across the Bay of Biscay space, then a Transit Box, in order to get to where you then roll for the Special Mission.

This may be what you did, but I wanted to be clear.

And, yes, after successfully laying the Mines you may load torpedoes and continue with a "normal" patrol in the British Isles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Smith wrote:
JG53_Jaguar wrote:

Thanks guys!

Peter,

Just to be perfectly clear.

You rolled for Patrol Assignment on P1 and got a British Isles (M) result - correct?

Now you place your U-Boat marker (I'm using a Tyoe VIIa) on the Transit/Bay of Biscay space on the British Isles track. Notice that three spaces to the right there is a space labelled "Mission (M/A)". You have to get across the Bay of Biscay space, then a Transit Box, in order to get to where you then roll for the Special Mission.

This may be what you did, but I wanted to be clear.

And, yes, after successfully laying the Mines you may load torpedoes and continue with a "normal" patrol in the British Isles!

Hi Don,

Ahhhh that's what I missed, I put my u-boat (VIIB) on the wrong patrol assignment track - British Isles, I simply didn't see the "British Isles (M/A)" Now it all makes sense I guess I just passed the Bay of Biscay box...now on to the transit box I go.

I think the Hunters it's nice little game but for the expansion it would be cool if the complexity/depth could be expanded by one more level, my point of view only.

Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.