Skull Bones
msg tools
Let's say that the person who currently has the most influence in Rome wins a Senate Vote with one card. Does he then get to take a random Senator card and take his card right back?

It sounds like even if he wins the vote he still gets to draw a card, but it would make sense that you can't win your own cards back if you were the one that won the vote. Otherwise, the person ruling Rome rarely will lose a senate vote. Does anyone know which is correct?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zscully wrote:
Let's say that the person who currently has the most influence in Rome wins a Senate Vote with one card. Does he then get to take a random Senator card and take his card right back?

Yeah, that's the way I read it, if by "a random Senator card" you mean the one he just played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in the scenario you describe, the person controlling Rome would still randomly select a card, so he would end up with the one card he bid. In the many games I have played, I have never seen this happen, but it is of course possible. If so, shame on the opponents for letting it happen, because there are ways to prevent it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_triangle_man wrote:
because there are ways to prevent it.

Usually preceded by, "one of us has to stop him... here, I'll pass and let you do it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skull Bones
msg tools
Great, thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Olivier
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
the_triangle_man wrote:
because there are ways to prevent it.

Usually preceded by, "one of us has to stop him... here, I'll pass and let you do it."

Well, if you want to get something done, do it yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bell
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
another clarification (while I understand NO ONE should ever let this happen)

if you call for a vote for influence in Rome, and you win, do you then get to randomly select the card from your own bid?

example:
player 1 has 1 influence token in Italia
player 2 has 0 influence token in Italia
on player 2's turn, they call a vote for influence in rome and win
who gets to take one random card from the winning bid?

i've been playing that player 2 does, because the rules say "immediate" for the benefit, and then later say "now" for taking the random card out of the bid.

thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nateous wrote:
i've been playing that player 2 does, because the rules say "immediate" for the benefit, and then later say "now" for taking the random card out of the bid.

Yeah, that's how I read it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bell
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
thanks, i haven't been playing much, but controlling influence in rome is huge. i'll have to stop playing axis and allies for a bit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan de Marco
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Good to know for sure; I have played this rule similarly to you but always had a lingering thought of doubt in my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.