Subject: Retreat direction priority rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick B
United States
Saint Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Question about retreating: 10.7.5 "defender must move his units two hexes further away from the battle (i.e., they cannot zig-zag and end up retreating only one hex further away), toward a friendly Supply Source, if possible..."

Could there be some more clarification on this? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/7307140#7307140 only mentions "not necessarily the closest".

For instance, what if the Soviet retreating unit already starts next to a friendly supplied city? It would theoretically go through the city... but what hex would be next, especially if the nearest closest city was SW of the city?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The next hex would be towards the next closest supply source.

use common sense here, you have to try to get away from the enemy and closest to your supply sources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick B
United States
Saint Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for replying.

Ok, so, for example, a Soviet unit gets attacked while it's NE of Rostov, from enemy NE of Stalino; it would first retreat to Rostov (the closest supply city), and then SW of Rostov (since Novorossikysk is closest supply source)?

Curious, since http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/7307140#7307140 says "I would say if you follow the spirit of the rule they have to end up closer to any current supply source if possible. Not necessarily the closest."

I would think it would just be easier to just say 'all units must retreat to their map side's map edge, if possible'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bignickel wrote:

I would think it would just be easier to just say 'all units must retreat to their map side's map edge, if possible'.

Yes, sounds good to me, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.