Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
After putting Dave to bed (see the write-up for das Amulett for details), Steve, Jim and myself were looking for a good three player game.

We batted around the idea of playing Carcasonne, but I had played it three or four times in the past week so I was looking for something different. Of course, three players is one of the hardest number of people to find a good game for, but a quick look through my collection revealed the answer.. Torres! (On an aside, I feel this game plays well with 2, 3 or 4 people, though the crowding of the four person game is fun)

Steve and I had both played, so we brought Jim up to speed and played the expert format (my preferred method of playing; I feel that having all the cards in your hand at the beginning reduces luck and adds a lot of tough choices to the game)

Anyway, Jim jumped out to an early lead with a six storey tower he built in his own little corner of the board, though, Steve and I were able to keep withing a few points of him by sharing each other's towers.

Jim's lead grew through the second round, and looked unstoppable going into the last. I knew I had some ground to make up, so I got as high as possible in Jim's large tower and worked on expanding the towers where I sat above Jim.

Going into the final scoring round, all three of us had met the req'ments of the Master Card (if all knights were on different levels at the end of the game we got a bonus of 40 points.) and I did make up a lot of ground with some good plays but still fell four points short of the lead. I did make some bad plays early on which cost me the game.

This game rocks. I love the mathematics of it (but it does occtionally suffer from staling while one players thinks out his best move) and, with good playing, the nature of the game means that the score will remain close. I give this a solid 9!

Next to come.. Vinci!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.