Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark
United States
Central Valley California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My GF and I played MLP today and enjoyed it, but we cannot tell the following:

what exactly exhausts (taps) a character? an event? an accessory? etc...
We know something does, because we ready them at the start of our turn. But we haven't a clue...

What makes a friend frightened to the point of having to pay 2 actions to get them back to normal?

this rule book .... rough to find explanations.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Chappell
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Certain card effects will exhaust characters and others will frighten them. Nothing exhausts or frightens characters as part of the normal flow of the game, like Magic creatures tapping to attack.

Characters might have abilities that require them to exhaust themselves in order to take some action. I think Twilight's all-team organizer card might be one of those?

Frightening is far more rare. So far the only card I've seen that does this is a yellow problem with Fluttershy's minotaur trainer. Each person frightens one of their opponent's characters.

Yes, the rule book needs a version 2.0! But the game itself is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The exhaust question was driving me batty on my first play. I kept scouring the rulebook, looking for when a friend exhausts. It didn't help that I have cards who's special power was to refresh exhausted friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Wood
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All Troublemakers with the Keyword Villain Frighten all Friends present when revealed per page 22 of the Rulebook.
Parasprite Swarm Frightens when it reaches 8 Power.

For a comprehensive card list with some descriptions:
http://mlpccg.wikia.com/wiki/Premiere

As for Exhausting, the ability to unexhaust another Character is most useful with the aforementioned Twilight Sparkle or other Friends with Exhaust abilities to get more activations per turn. Without them, it's not that useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viking Erik

New Jersey
msg tools
Right, there is nothing that causes exhausting through the normal course of game play. Exhausting only happens when a card says so, to exhaust itself or something else. No rule exhausts any card.

Frightening does happen naturally, when a villain is revealed. Note that only something that says "ready a CARD" can fix a frightened friend. Anything that says "ready a friend" or "ready a character" does not, because a frightened card is not a friend nor a character, it has no card type at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.