6 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario 1 end rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Rama da Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
As per question 3 on the scenario 1 section of the FAQ, am I interpreting it right to assume that you win after you put the last cube on the pile(if you already have the fire), or after you have the fire (if you already have all the cubes)? This would mean that you win just before the ction phase in the first situation and during/after the action phase on the second situation, right?

Well imagine you have all the cubes but not the fire. On the action phase you use one of your tokens plus Friday to build the fire (guaranteed) and then one of your pawns to build a palisade (because of VP). Let us assume you only have 1 wound left.

Since the actions all resolve simultaneously:
a) would the fire be auto-built and you succeed in the scenario, thus not rolling for the palisade?
b) would you have to roll for the palisade, thus potentially killing you before the auto success of the fire and the scenario?
c) can you choose to roll for the palisade, take 1 wound and "die", but still be considered a win because of your auto success on the fire?

I know this might ridiculous to think about, but...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No offence, but how about do something more sensible with the other action token - like rest?

Otherwise I am voting for (b) you lose if you die building your fancy wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Rama da Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
lol i know, and i said it was a bit ridiculous, but I was just wondering lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two answers I think :

[1] They do not all resolve simultaneously - you complete the fire, game over

or

[2] I am told the updated/2nd edit rules say you must survive until the end of the current round before you win.

I play with rule [1] since I play by the English 1st edition Portal rules.

R.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Bivins

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't survive at least until the end of the turn, you lose in my opinion.

In your example, you died. The boat comes at the end of the turn. They found your fire and your dead body. You lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slackerb wrote:
If you don't survive at least until the end of the turn, you lose in my opinion.

In your example, you died. The boat comes at the end of the turn. They found your fire and your dead body. You lose.

I posted the same question in another thread, and I think you can make either call really. The strict reading of the Z-Man rules suggests that you win immediately if the scenario is fulfilled, and the scenario tends to suggest that you win as soon as turn 10 starts if you have the fire built and the pile done.

But given that it's an easy scenario, I think waiting until end of day is a good way to add a little more tension once you've played it a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.