Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I would branch out past the actual game audience to get help for my Heroes Incorporated game.

I really believe in protecting my games and sleeve them.

I have my cards sleeved but wish to sleeve or protect my stand-up game pieces. They are very thick card board. Here is a pic from someone else:

But you can't see the thickness.

These are similar to stand-up characters to other games like 2nd Edition Talisman, but much thicker.

I do not wish to tape the characters as 1 person has suggested.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
What are their dimensions, including thickness?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doma, I'm right there with you with sleeving and all the rest.

Things that I want to protect but are not card-like, I use my trusty cold laminator. I've had a Xyron 900 (also called "Creative Station") for a long time.

It works very well and it's so easy to use. I do, however, find the lamination cartridges somewhat expensive. It comes to about 75 cents per 8.5" x 11" page to laminate. There are also other cartridges that I sometimes use, such as just applying an adhesive, laminating to magnetic sheets, etc. But, by far, I mostly use the two-side lamination cartridge. I especially use my Xyron to laminate player-aid cards.

As for your application, you could laminate that as well. Geekmail me for some tips.

[Edit] By the way, you might still be able to sleeve your stand-ups, depending on their dimensions. Sometimes and item fits just perfectly sideways in a particular sleeve, and then I trim the excess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
The smallest card sleeves I'm aware of are for tobacco cards. Tobacco cards have their roots in the earliest days of collecting and are among the most popular vintage options.

- Size 1 21/32 x 2 7/8
- Fits in Tobacco Topload Card Holders
- Protect cards while handling

You may also find Tobacco card top loaders if you desire something thicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sometimes use Krylon Matte Spray for wargame counters that will be handled alot. Not as durable as lamination, but you'll also not have to worry about the lamination separating from the counter or yellowing years down the road.

About 2 coats should be fine... don't over spray and allow time to dry before handling counters to avoid damage. Spray in a clean (no dust), well ventilated area and wear a mask if you have one.

http://www.krylon.com/products/matte-finish/

MM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate everyone's replies I decided I would buy used HeroClix that are similar in appearance to the characters in this game and use them instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.