Subject: Solo play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just got this game. The front page here at the geek indicates that 1 player can play this game. Are there any solo rules or do you just play both sides?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look in the Firepower Battle Manual, page 42, you'll find rules for a solitaire scenario ("Scenario Two: The Solitaire Scenario"). The scenario's special rules explain how to play this game solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome, I found it. Thanks so much, I was no where near at page 42 yet

This community is amazing. I get help within 1 h of a game that is long OOP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can subscribe to games here at BGG as well as geeklists - since I own Firepower I subscribe to it and see any postings on it - which is how I saw your post. I just pulled the rulebook out and found the answer for you.

What amazes me even more are those people who post about a game they used to have twenty or thirty years ago, give some description of it from their faded memory, and somebody here on BGG posts the name of the game and a picture of it - within mere minutes of the posting! Now that is dedication!

Enjoy the game - it's on my list to get on the table this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Akashi_12 wrote:
I just got this game. The front page here at the geek indicates that 1 player can play this game. Are there any solo rules or do you just play both sides?

It also fun to play solo if you just play both sides because of the chit-pull activation mechanic.

Check out my Avaloncon Tournament scenario as a fairly easy to learn, relatively quick starting scenario.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/24003/firepower-tourna...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
Akashi_12 wrote:

It also fun to play solo if you just play both sides because of the chit-pull activation mechanic.

Check out my Avaloncon Tournament scenario as a fairly easy to learn, relatively quick starting scenario.

Thank you. I will try it out once I get the rules down. It is a bit strange, I mean - one folder of basic rules, one big leaflet of advanced rules and a equally big on optional rules. WHat do you guys play with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Infomanohio wrote:
You can subscribe to games here at BGG as well as geeklists - since I own Firepower I subscribe to it and see any postings on it - which is how I saw your post. I just pulled the rulebook out and found the answer for you.

What amazes me even more are those people who post about a game they used to have twenty or thirty years ago, give some description of it from their faded memory, and somebody here on BGG posts the name of the game and a picture of it - within mere minutes of the posting! Now that is dedication!

Enjoy the game - it's on my list to get on the table this year.

Nevertheless, I am quite impressed and very grateful. Thanks - part of why I enjoy board gaming is the fantastic community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Akashi_12 wrote:
Jude wrote:
Akashi_12 wrote:

Thank you. I will try it out once I get the rules down. It is a bit strange, I mean - one folder of basic rules, one big leaflet of advanced rules and a equally big on optional rules. WHat do you guys play with?

It was set up that way so people new to wargaming could start playing the game pretty quickly (using the basic rules), and then add rules as they felt more comfortable with them. I think it works pretty well, except I would have incorporated the basic rules into the advanced rulebook (changing and/or deleting the basic rules as necessary), also, so that people didn't have to search through both book sets of rules.

It's a great game by my favorite designer, Craig Taylor. IMHO, it's the best tactical man-to-man wargame.

As for the rules I use:
Usually, all Advanced rules plus these optional rules:
Extra Major Personal Weapons (see 16.8), & Standing Behind "2" Height Cover (see 16.9)

For my tournament scenario, I simplified the rules by removing some of the advanced rules, and also creating a simplified weapons chart that only covered the weapons used in that scenario.

I think it is a good scenario if you are learning to play the advanced game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So do the solitaire rules only apply to the second scenario or EVERY scenario? I suspect the latter but just wanted to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gatorskin wrote:
So do the solitaire rules only apply to the second scenario or EVERY scenario? I suspect the latter but just wanted to check.

The solitaire rules were written for scenario two, but can be used for any scenario played solitaire. You just have to use your imagination...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.