Subject: Refusing Advanced Actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Davis
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Can you refuse to take any of the three advanced actions when you level up? I had a situation where this would have been useful the other day. None of the three would have helped my last round, last city attack more than the cards left in my deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook (p. 9, section 6) only allows for two cases: taking any AA + 1 of the two skills you draw, or taking the last AA + any one skill in the common offer. Not taking an AA card, while not explicitly forbidden, is never covered in the cases above, so it would not be allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rojas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont really think how NOT getting an AA would help your hand, really the point is getting stronger and if it wont help you right away (like providing heal points, move, etc - that you can use later on) you can always use any AA sideways for block 1 Or regular attack 1. So you must get the AA. That is my understanding at least.

-tom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose MGC
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I can think of ONE situation in which not getting an AA may be beneficial:

Let's say that at the end of your turn you have 5 cards in your hand, your hand limit is 6, you know that the next card you are going to draw is a powerful Spell (you know it because it's your last card in your draw deck, for example), and you need all the cards in your hand to take the city, so you cannot discard any of them. You have just leveled up and the next one is the last turn of the Round, so the next card you draw will be one of the AAs in the offer and not the Spell you so desperately need.

In that case, getting an AA will do you no good, but according to the rules, you have to take it and put it on your draw deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This situation is noch uncommon. When you next turn will be the final combat (last city, volkare,...) you only need combat power.
If the AA-offer has nothing helpful for combat your average deckcard will be at least as good as playing an AA sideways. (unles you have many wounds in your deck)
I always played it that you have to take an AA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.