Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Thibault
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Berekar Berekon (Councilor) +3. If the Political Card does not resolve the way you voted, you may place a Cruiser in a system you control.

What constitutes "the way you voted"? What if you abstained, whether willingly or not?

This came up last game. I read it as "If your vote is not carried", whereas another player read it as ""If you did not vote for the way the PC resolved". Wording on other cards supports my claim, I think- if it were to work regardless of whether you voted or not, it'd follow the "select an outcome" construction, but the wording is ambiguous enough for it to go either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I would read it as that you have to vote; if you abstain, you are not voting, and would thus void the ability (since there was no "way you voted" to not resolve as).

IE, I don't think abstaining to get a free Cruiser is valid. You vote, and if the result is contrary to what your vote was, you get it. For For/Against, that is whatever one you didn't go for, but for more open-ended votes (like "elect planet") anything other than what you voted would qualify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.