Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Steen
United States
North Haledon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if anyone has any information about the existence of this game. I am just curious, because I've noticed for awhile that Days of Wonder doesn't even list it in their games on their web site. And at the top of the entry on BGG, there is a play-on-bgg link that doesn't seem to exist, either.

I think it's a shame...this is one of the most consistently fun games I owned (and IMO much better than Citadels). I would love for more people to see it.

Could it be that DOW lost publishing rights to it and someone else might pick it up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
timsteen wrote:
Days of Wonder doesn't even list it in their games on their web site.

http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/products/guide/card-party-gam...

Their main "games" page probably just has images for games that are available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a shame that it's gone out of print. It's apparently because the game wasn't profitable for Days of Wonder. The small box is packed full of good quality components, and apparently the market isn't willing to spend much money on a game in a small box. It really is silly that people seem to think that the value of a game is based on the size of the box

I think Bruno Faidutti and Michael Schacht were working at one time on a 'big box' version of the game. Maybe Bruno himself might be able to let us know if there is any news he can share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's so annoying, I wish they would reduce box size when they can. I recently picked up SmileyFace which really could have been put into a box like Citadels (the really thin one) and tbh it could go into a standard card box (No Thanks size). I would happily buy a small game for more if I know the box is chock full of cool bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Lobotnik wrote:
It's so annoying, I wish they would reduce box size when they can. I recently picked up SmileyFace which really could have been put into a box like Citadels (the really thin one) and tbh it could go into a standard card box (No Thanks size). I would happily buy a small game for more if I know the box is chock full of cool bits.

Hear, hear! Join the movement!

mb

mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy in excellent to great condition I'm looking to get rid of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.