Subject: Game Ended SO FAST! 2 Vows of Silence taken... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am assuming it is because everyone was just answering questions. Considering all information given from questions is public knowledge (unless there is a way you are supposed to NOT let everyone hear your answer) our game ended quite fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's fast? In my experience it's not a long game. Vows of silence are rare in my experience, too. You miss a valuable opportunity for information if you take a vow of silence.

One of the tricks of the game is to ask questions to reveal information that is more valuable for you than anyone else (and that will perhaps lead others astray...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ewok breath
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with 3 players - with private questions and answers (hand written back and forth which took AGES, and the game still ended just after the second mass bell went. We only had one vow of silence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
millsyboy] Vows of silence are rare in my experience, too. You miss a valuable opportunity for information if you take a vow of silence.

One of the tricks of the game is to ask questions to reveal information that is more valuable for you than anyone else [/q wrote:

Right. So if the other player asks you a question that qualifies as a good question...you take a vow of silence.

[q="ewokbreath"]We played with 3 players - with private questions and answers (hand written back and forth which took AGES, and the game still ended just after the second mass bell went. We only had one vow of silence.

So each player had 8 turns for a total of 24 turns and together used 10 of those turns to get the other 5 cards out of the parlor? The other 14 turns is really only 7 because it always takes 2 turns to do something (unless you go from the scriptorium to the bibliotheca to the scriptorium) Add that in with barely moving any cards... Even with three players following each other to the same places and asking questions there's still got to be hidden cards at the end of round 2. Did someone just manage to get the over-powered in small player count games "look at someone else' whole hand" card?

I fell like you were doing something wrong besides keeping info private.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.