BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Wait, what!? (DW) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: misleading_thread_title [+] [View All]
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Just happened across this article on Doctor Who TV(quoted for convenience):

" Steven Moffat has said that Peter Capaldi’s past appearances in the Whoniverse will not actually be ignored and hinted they may serve as a plot point.

Speaking in an interview with Nerd³, he said: “We are aware that Peter Capaldi’s played a big old part in Doctor Who and Torchwood before and we are not going to ignore the fact.

“I remember Russell [T Davies] told me that he had a big old plan as to why there were two Peter Capaldi’s in the Who universe: one in Pompeii and one in Torchwood. When I cast Peter and Russell got in touch to say how pleased he was, I said, ‘Okay, what was your theory and does it still work?” and he said, ‘Yes it does. Here it is…’

“We’ll play that one out over time. It’s actually quite neat.”

He adds: “The face is not set from birth. It’s not like he was always going to be one day Peter Capaldi. We know that’s the case because in The War Games he has a choice of faces. So we know it’s not set, so where does he get those faces from? They can’t just be randomly generated because they’ve got lines. They’ve aged. When he turns into Peter he’ll actually have lines on his face. So where did that face come from?”"

It ought to be interesting to see how this pans out.
And here's the original article > http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/capaldis-past-appearances-not-i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Ugh, whatever. They re-use actors all the time and now it has to be Some Sort of Big Thing. What's the explanation that Amy Pond was in Pompeii as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They really do need to stop with this overriding story arc crap. Not everything has to be big or clever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
So, . . . will this also explain how Colin Baker got to shoot the Doctor before he became the Doctor?

I suspect not, at that time the writers of Dr Who were not pretentious twats who thought that every person, plant and door had to have a significance to 'the big picture!'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it should be fun to see how it plays out. I do hope they explain, Amy Pond, Colin Baker, and every door from every episode! I think it will be a fun ride! If you don't like it you should probably set your jammie dodgers for self-destruct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
World Cup time!!!! All work in the morning will include the tv being on Fox. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I, for one, thought this would be a funny thread about
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

Colour me disappointed (see that British spelling).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.