Subject: Just to confirm a few rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card that allows the ROC to move a unit... Can I place that unit after the move, but before I choose to have my ROC move another 2 after his attack... or must I move the unit after the ROC completes the Entire Move?

Unit in a village... If a unit in a city is poisoned... and I convert a lore for a wound.. does the village prevent that? Reading the rules, I think it does... Thematically on the one hand, I can argue that the village's defense applies to normal combat... on the other hand, I can see the argument that the city might offer some medical facilities to deal with poison...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:
The card that allows the ROC to move a unit... Can I place that unit after the move, but before I choose to have my ROC move another 2 after his attack... or must I move the unit after the ROC completes the Entire Move?

Can you include the text from the card?

Rocky123 wrote:
Unit in a village... If a unit in a city is poisoned... and I convert a lore for a wound.. does the village prevent that? Reading the rules, I think it does... Thematically on the one hand, I can argue that the village's defense applies to normal combat... on the other hand, I can see the argument that the city might offer some medical facilities to deal with poison...

Yes. A building prevents one combat damage and this includes poison damage. I think it can also prevent one non-combat damage but I'm not sure where that would apply just yet. Could be a rule included for future content or a "just in case we design some kind of non-combat damage mechanic" rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:

The move after the attack is a separate move, so I would definitely say that the carried figure is placed after the Move Step move.

Quote:

Units in a building can ignore one damage per combat. So if the attacker rolls a lore converted to damage, it could ignore that just like it could any damage.

However, it only ignores one damage, so if the attacker rolled a lore and a regular damage, only one of those would be ignored.

Basically, what being in a building does is that during Step 5, you remove one damage from the "damage pool" of sorts. Damage is added to this "pool" by either rolling the appropriate "hit" result, or by committing a lore in step 4 to add one more damage to the pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.