BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Similiar games in my collection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have too many games stored in too many rooms. Also most of them are not being played enough or at all. I'm trying to cull my collection of games that are too similar (thematic, mechanics, game feeling, complexity), but have difficulties identifing the possible candidates in my collection. Somehow I always see enough differences in the games and am not sure which games I could get rid of.

This is where I need your help Tell me which games you think are too similar to keep in my collection and why.

Some examples of games I got rid of:
Ascension -> I prefer the theme of DC Deckbuilding Game
Caylus -> Pillars of the Earth has nicer Artwork and Components
Pandemic -> Flash Point offers more roles and expansions
Yggdrasil -> Ghost Stories gameflow is more streamlined and offers better expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airsonist wrote:
I have too many games stored in too many rooms. Also most of them are not being played enough or at all.

This sounds eerily familiar...

airsonist wrote:
Caylus -> Pillars of the Earth has nicer Artwork and Components

Excellent decision

airsonist wrote:
Pandemic -> Flash Point offers more roles and expansions

Not so much...

I looked at your collection with the thought of what you should get rid of and damned if I couldn't find a single game (other than Scene It? of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for looking, even if you aren't any help

Yeah Scene It? is already on my "For Trade" List, but nobody wants it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like you're a completionist (buying a base game then all the add ons and expansions). I don't think you really have that many games. Rather than trying to reduce your collection, make a commitment not to increase it until x amount of games are played. And make another commitment to play your games x amount of hours a week. Maybe put aside a night each week just for gaming. Or every other week. Whatever works best for you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.