Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Massey
United States
Salem
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WAGG: Smaller crowd than usual with some regulars on vacation, other regulars touring Europe, one in NY who had the temerity to call in the middle of a game, and still others expecting twins. We did manage eight though with Campbell showing up for the first time. He passed Maddie's sniff test so he can come again. We also had cops in the neighborhood for the second time in Wakefield gaming history as some drunk idiot hit a telephone/powerline pole out in front of the house and ended up in the neighbor's yard.

Attendees: Pitt, Mike S., Campbell, Pat (in his last appearance before Montana), Richard, Aaron B. and Sarah (Karmen joined us late) Games Played: Football Strategy, Attack Sub, Princes of Florence, Manhattan, Web of Power, Capitol, Liar's Dice, Oodles and a seriously botched attempted to try Land Unter.

Web of Power - Pitt, Pat, Mike & Craig: Amazingly Pat had never played this and we were waiting for others to show. This is one of those games where someone's first play is always a bit odd because the scoring and rules though simple enough are not immediately intuitive. Pitt and I fought over advisors in France and the rest of the board. He tied me in Italy for 6 more points which turned out to be the difference. I'm continued to be amazed at what a good game this is, especially when you consider the depth involved for the time it takes to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.