Subject: Suggestion for new art direction for tiles. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bijan Ajamlou
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like the tiles to look more like this and if possible more norse! That would make me buy the game, the current art direction is sooo bad! (for the tiles)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seriously tempted to print these and paste them over my existing tiles. They're very nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berserker in peace
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about these...?

Land Tiles:
Version 1

Version 2

Version 3

tan bar = wind, blue bar = water; focus replaced by the viking sunstone; faery ring replaced by a stone alter

Town Tiles
for V1 & V2

for V3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nelson
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
These look amazing:
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what sort of material to print them out on? Is there a printer form of sticky-sheet paper?

I'd like to not mess up the existing tiles as much as possible and get it right the first time
-C
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berserker in peace
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
runatyr wrote:
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what sort of material to print them out on? Is there a printer form of sticky-sheet paper?

I'd like to not mess up the existing tiles as much as possible and get it right the first time
-C

The alternate design does really fit the stock tiles because of different shapes.

I have made a set of V2 with vinyl card stock and they look great. Yet I am more satisfied with the result of doing this for my V3: print the images on ordinary paper, then put adhesive laminating sheets on it. For best result after applying the sheets, smooth out the surface firmly with some hard but not sharp object like a credit card or plastic rulers (I just use my fingernail ). Mount the laminated paper on thick card boards (2 to 3mm will do) and cut them out. Then what I got in the end was set of very high quality map tiles, not much different from other manufactured components.

I will upload some pics of my sets here soonish.

Any other cool ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.