Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes when I want to sample the comments to a game with lots of comments, I tire of clicking through multiple pages of comments to see what the fans liked and the detractors did not like.

I'd love to be able to order the comments alphabetically by user, say, and then on any page there'd be a mix of positive and negative comments. Is that possible?

Better yet, I'd love a "random 50 sample" of comments. But I doubt that is possible.

Any advice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!

One is that you can sort by rating to reverse the list.

Another is that, after the first page, the URLs will end in "/page/2?comment=1", so you can just adjust the page number (2) to pick whatever page you want. The total number of pages is in square brackets next to the page number links; for Hive, "[1] Prev « 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 Next » [155]" You could get median comments by going to page 155/2=78.

Third is, collect a group of GeekBuddies whose likes (or perspectives) you agree with or respect. Then look up the game number and Analyze it using the that GeekBuddy group. (Available through My Geek / GeekBuddies / Analyze.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
On the comments page for a game, if you click the blue hyperlinked 'Comment' heading, it will sort by the comments by most-recent-first and if you click again oldest-first.

Also the BGG iOS app sorts comments alphabetically by username.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great tips! Thanks, Martin and Walt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.