Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Kando
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I mayday sleeve with 63mm greens, which are nice and tight, could I fit that into another sleeve of the same size for double sleeving? Or would I need to up the outer sleeve size to the similarly sized penny sleeves

I don't have any of the sleeves for test runs, and I'm trying to buy them all in one go, so any insight would be right friendly :j

[Edit: The 63mm x 88mm sleeves will not fit inside one other. Still unanswered is: Will a netrunner card sleeved with a 63x88mm sleeve fit inside a mayday almost a penny sleeve (2-5/8" x 3-5/8")? ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
awfalafel wrote:
If I mayday sleeve with 63mm greens, which are nice and tight, could I fit that into another sleeve of the same size for double sleeving? Or would I need to up the outer sleeve size to the similarly sized penny sleeves?

Holy Cow. Double-sleeving. Is this a thing? I use the premium green Mayday sleeves and they work great alone. I just tried to put one of my sleeved cards into another Mayday green and only succeeded in splitting the second sleeve down the edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbialeck wrote:
awfalafel wrote:
If I mayday sleeve with 63mm greens, which are nice and tight, could I fit that into another sleeve of the same size for double sleeving? Or would I need to up the outer sleeve size to the similarly sized penny sleeves?

Holy Cow. Double-sleeving. Is this a thing? I use the premium green Mayday sleeves and they work great alone. I just tried to put one of my sleeved cards into another Mayday green and only succeeded in splitting the second sleeve down the edge.

It is when a single card can be worth 50+ dollars. For an LCG it seems like overkill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
hoobajoo wrote:
mbialeck wrote:
awfalafel wrote:

It is when a single card can be worth 50+ dollars. For an LCG it seems like overkill.

Unless you like to drink things while you play. Alcohol especially. Also, it gives the cards a nice, firm feel. I use KMC Perfect Size for the inner sleeve, then use cheap but nice feeling Ultra Pro Mattes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silent Requiem
msg tools
I also double sleeve, although this is a carryover from my MtG Legacy days. KMC Perfect Fit are great - avoid the UltraPro inner sleeve as these are slightly too short for Netrunner cards.

Outer sleeve is your choice, but I'm currently using KMC matt sleeves (red for runner, blue for corp) - again, I find the UltraPro sleeves barely cover the Netrunner cards.

Edit: I agree that I prefer the feel and stiffness of double sleeved cards, as well as the added protection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Zanderholm
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
I been thinking on double sleeving in the future, more because the cars tend to slowly wander out of the darn sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Kando
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wakkowolf wrote:
hoobajoo wrote:
For an LCG it seems like overkill.

Unless you like to drink things while you play. Alcohol especially.

This.

Maydays are cheap and tight, if prone to splitting under durress at the edges. Thus, 63mm on top of 63mm cheapie sleeves won't do - the 63mm cheapie inner will take up too much space for the 63mm cheapie outer. The mayday "almost-a-penny" sized cheapie sleeves are ever-so-slightly larger than the mayday cheapie 63mm sleeves - I'm curious whether they will act as a suitable replacement for the outer, keeping the 63mm as the best fit inner. This means no splitting and without being too loose. I don't have any samples available nearby to experiment with locally and I've got a good deal coming if I bulk order, so I've got to get it right on the first shot.

[If I said cheapie a handful of times, it was to differentiate from the premium sleeves. I'm not sure if the premiums tend to run loose or tight, but that only complicates matters.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Kando
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
[Edited original post.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only ever use Fantasy Flight Supply or Ultra Pro sleeves. I find even the Mayday sleeves to be much lower quality. I've had some quality issues also with FFS and Ultra Pro, but they've been better for me, overall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.