Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2014 has arrived, which makes it a perfect opportunity for a brand new Canadian math trade. This is your perfect opportunity to try and trade away all the crappy games you just received for X-Mas.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Note: You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

Trade Geeklist: New Year's Canadian Math Trade

Request GeekList: New Year's Canadian Math Trade - Request List

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Tuesday January 7th 20:00 PM EST to Tuesday January 14th 12:00 PM EST

Want List Submissions: Tuesday January 14th 12:00 PM EST to Thursday January 16th 9:00 PM EST

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=1000

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Tuesday, January 14th, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Deadline-Wants: Thursday, January 16th, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
%End%

Good luck and happy trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results (OLWLG) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/168033-results-official.tx...

Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/168033-officialwants.txt

# MISSING 33 WANTS (2.8%) FROM 10 USER(s) (6.7%):
# aarondonovan (1)
# AD11 (1)
# Belryan (4)
# csis (1)
# h00sha (1)
# halfcourtswish (3)
# Percy0715 (4)
# polkeroo (11)
# SnailShell01 (4)
# Thrakkorzog (3)

Num trades = 310 of 1136 items (27.3%)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results for leftovers trade:

Results (OLWLG) = [urlhttp://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...[/url]

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/168562-results-official.tx...

Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/168033-officialwants.txt

# MISSING 4 WANTS (0.8%) FROM 1 USER(s) (1.3%):
# Percy0715 (4)

Num trades = 56 of 501 items (11.2%)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the Math trade..thanks Ox
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thyssen
Canada
Sparta
ON
flag msg tools
adamthyssen.com
badge
adamthyssen.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank goodness... I've been jonesing pretty badly for another math trade...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are now live and good to go in the OLWLG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JF SP
Canada
flag msg tools
For those of you who have previously shipped a big box game in Canada, what carrier did you use and how much did it cost you ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Riseborough
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
serenith wrote:
For those of you who have previously shipped a big box game in Canada, what carrier did you use and how much did it cost you ?

Are we talking FFG coffin box, or something smaller than that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JF SP
Canada
flag msg tools
AB76 wrote:

It's not the biggest box I've seen, but it is the longuest of my collection :
18.5" x 11.5" x 2.5"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Riseborough
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
serenith wrote:
AB76 wrote:

It's not the biggest box I've seen, but it is the longuest of my collection :
18.5" x 11.5" x 2.5"

The most important thing to consider is box volume. If you have a shipping box which is fairly tight around the game, while still giving a bit of room for packing, you'll keep your costs down. On the other hand, if your only available shipping box is massive, you're looking at probably as much as $10-$15 more in shipping.

I've shipped something similar to the next province over (using Canada Post) and paid somewhere between $18-$19 in shipping. More distance is going to jack the costs up, but not typically by a huge amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
serenith wrote:

I was wondering that too if someone finally is interested in Axis and Allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never paid above $30 shipping a game within Canada. Unless something drastic happened in the last year, a bigger box doesn't tend to increase the costs that much. Sending Battleship: Galaxies to Quebec cost me maybe $24 at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Riseborough
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Unless you're shipping a really big box, you shouldn't be anywhere above maybe $25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone that has an accurate postal/kitchen scale available, you can save money (at least 15% I think) by printing your shipping label at home via paypal using this link:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&info.

I usually budget for around $15/game for shipping & rarely find it exceeds that amount unless it's an unusually large game (although I guess it helps to be centrally located in Manitoba).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing my luck with these trades I shouldn't have to worry about shipping anyway... but, new year... new disappointment I guess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So with the OWLG, if I change my mind about something I wanted do I just uncheck all of my 'for trade' games from that game or is there a better way to remove it from my "wanted" list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skeletonhat wrote:
So with the OWLG, if I change my mind about something I wanted do I just uncheck all of my 'for trade' games from that game or is there a better way to remove it from my "wanted" list?

Definitely uncheck it.

You can remove it from your list by typing "delete" in the priority box. I expect that doing this should also remove it from your want lists, but, if it was me, I wouldn't bank on that, just in case!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see.

Thanks!

This is my first math trade. Any advice?

Is it better to choose a lot of "wants" or just a few? I've got four trades in the mix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only put things on your want list such that you'll absolutely be happy to make the trade.

Remember there's the potential for shipping costs: Figure that into your evaluation of the trade.

Typical trade percentages are around 25%, but you could trade multiple items, so be prepared to pay for shipping a lot of games. At the same time, you might not trade anything, so don't be disappointed about that!

After the trade, look at the "Who wanted mine" list, at least to understand which of your games are of interest to others, and which are not so much...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Only choose what you'd be happy to get... but the more wants you have, the better your chance of getting something, statistically.

It's tough to not get caught up in everything, but at the end of the day, it really comes down to what you have up for trade. I've been in 7 math trades and I have yet to be successful in one... and I pick pretty much everything as a want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Martin
Canada
north bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, you have to submit a blank wantlist, not delete the game from the trade... I'm assuming that this means you just don't put anything down that you're willing to trade the game for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theseventensplit wrote:
According to the rules, you have to submit a blank wantlist, not delete the game from the trade... I'm assuming that this means you just don't put anything down that you're willing to trade the game for...

Yup. Just make sure you don't select any of the checkboxes in the entire row for that item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, really pleased with the quality of game offerings this time... probably the best we've ever had!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Riseborough
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, the OLWLG isn't updating all that frequently. It's still stuck with 508 as the last item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thyssen
Canada
Sparta
ON
flag msg tools
adamthyssen.com
badge
adamthyssen.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jepp wrote:
For anyone that has an accurate postal/kitchen scale available, you can save money (at least 15% I think) by printing your shipping label at home via paypal using this link:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&info.

How have I never heard of this before??! This is awesome!

Thanks for the link Jason!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.