Popular Tags: [View All]
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the best way to phrase this is what kind of card stock quality is this? I don't know about anybody else but I for one really like the quality of the cards you have used for this game and if I ever get to where I do my own game I think I might have to look into this kind that you used.

I really like how these cards feel in my hands. They shuffle easily, feel slick, and seem like they will hold up over time.

Side question: What kind of software did you use for the design and layout of the cards? I hope you don't mind me asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
MirrorsNight wrote:
I guess the best way to phrase this is what kind of card stock quality is this? I don't know about anybody else but I for one really like the quality of the cards you have used for this game and if I ever get to where I do my own game I think I might have to look into this kind that you used.

I really like how these cards feel in my hands. They shuffle easily, feel slick, and seem like they will hold up over time.

Side question: What kind of software did you use for the design and layout of the cards? I hope you don't mind me asking.

Don't know the stock material that they're using but if you refer to the smooth finish, it's doff laminated. I don't really know the real name, but we call it doff in here. Generally there are 2 (or 3) types of finish (exclude linen) in offset printing here, doff and glossy. Glossy shines, while doff smooth and not shines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Known as "matte" or "dull" finish over here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, there you go... Matte finish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MirrorsNight wrote:

Yup, it's called doff here.
Eventhough we are satisfied with AoD cards, we try to improve the cards quality from AoD. GvZ cards have better quality overall. The weird thing is that the cards feels lighter when in fact GvZ cards are heavier than AoD.

Quote:
I use Corel Draw for the cards design. Wijanata (the illustrator) uses Corel Draw and Photoshop for the artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the feel of the cards a lot... my roommate described them as slick and clothy, they bent easily and yet went flat just as easily during shuffling and its the feel I like.

They are not the glossy type of card like in Trains or the harder card stock found in Thunderstone Advance or Nightfall...

All I can really do is come up with games with examples of other cards but the actual name of the card stock used I have no idea what those are.

Goblin vs Zombies card stock is better than that used in Magic the Gathering IMO for another example.

If Magic is considered standard card stock, what is GvZ? Is Doff the actual name of the card stock used or is doff just what is being described as the graphical application applied to the cards of the pictures and the quality of the pics alone on the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, thank you for the compliment

I have just asked T'Say and the printing company.
The card stock is art carton 260 gsm with doff / matte finish on both sides.

We are really glad that our hard work can really satisfy the backers.
Cheers to all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.