Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lion Boardgamers are hosting our 5th Gaming Day at the Scythe & Teacup games cafe, 61a Kempston Street, Liverpool, L3 8HE running 11am-11pm. the website for the venue is www.scytheandteacup.co.uk .

The games cafe offers free entry. Food and Drink is available at the cafe at very reasonable prices so please do not bring any food or drink of your own. There is also a wide selection of boardgames available for sale if you fancy a bit of shopping.

There will be plenty of tables reserved and each games day we have run has had anything from 40-80 attendees so there is usually a good turn out with plenty of games to play. We also have a decent free library of games to borrow .

The games cafe is in walking distance of bus routes and of Lime Street Railway Station. The cafe has no dedicated car parking but there is a car park around the corner which provides 150+ spaces - spaces are available for the entire day for £3.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Sign up below if your coming of let us know if you have a game your bringing that you want to play , this is a good forum to set up games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ill start. Im going and Ill be bringing with me 2-5 people .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be a nice appetiser, a week before the main course of the Bolton games day.

Hoping to be there with assorted kids but I will confirm closer to the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye , I m well aware it almost clashes with Bolton. A little con like this wont impact on Bolton but act as a good warm up act, get every one in the mood for the big day laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon miles
United Kingdom
liverpool
merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Si, I will be there of course
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be coming and bringing the usual 0 people with me. Liverpool have a fixture against a mid-table team from Manchester which is currently scheduled for 3PM the day before. It's very unlikely anything would cause that to be rearranged to Sunday, so no problem there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I suppose I can make it.

I'll have Christian with me and possibly Andrew and Amy. She's asking you to bring 'Pit' again

Just joking... she has her own copy now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tomlinson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in of course

I'll think about games and reply again later. I'll try and get a few friends to come over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewart Pilling
United Kingdom
Worsley
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and Jen should be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darkskies wrote:

Where's the Thumb Down button?

Fancy the India map?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Birch
United Kingdom
Wirral
flag msg tools
I should be there. I'll bring no games that James likes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Theatreplankton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can confirm my attendance. Will probably bring a 15 year old cousin. I seem to recall the day was teen-friendly.
Roy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Hendrix
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Great! It's in the agenda.

I won't be able to stay all day but long enough to bully some people into playtesting my game prototype
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for organising this. I will be attending but will probably be on my own although my wife and baby might drop in if only to see what all this is about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewart Pilling
United Kingdom
Worsley
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulinTheLion wrote:
darkskies wrote:

Where's the Thumb Down button?

Fancy the India map?

That will save me reading the rules!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Me and Jamie will be there with friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Keyte
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Me & 2 others will currently be coming to this. Wouldn't mind trying to tick off a few more of the highly rated games on BGG.

Through The Ages
Castles of Burgendy
Le Harve
Brass

All games I've never played but would be interested in giving a go.

Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definetly bring Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization. Im sure the others will appear in someones collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FlipBook wrote:
Me & 2 others will currently be coming to this. Wouldn't mind trying to tick off a few more of the highly rated games on BGG.

Through The Ages
Castles of Burgendy
Le Harve
Brass

Graham

I'll play TtA, and would rather eat 4 Scythe burgers than play any of the others. You can probably reverse those preferences with Simon Miles.

What times I'll be there depend on the time Liverpool - Manc Unt gets shifted to by telly companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Lister
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to be there, for as much of the day as I can manage.

I may be able to convince some others to come too, and will try to update on that if possible.

I'd be willing to bring one or two games with me, no particular preference at present but my collection list on this site is pretty up to date and I'm happy to take requests. (If it's a massive or heavy box it'll probably be the only thing I bring, I'll probably be coming down on the train).

I quite like the idea of playing Through the Ages though, so might be able to sit in on that one. This may depend on who else comes with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon miles
United Kingdom
liverpool
merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulinTheLion wrote:
FlipBook wrote:

Through The Ages
Castles of Burgendy
Le Harve
Brass

Graham

I'll play TtA, and would rather eat 4 Scythe burgers than play any of the others. You can probably reverse those preferences with Simon Miles.

What times I'll be there depend on the time Liverpool - Manc Unt gets shifted to by telly companies.
I shall most defintley agree to a game ofThe Castles of Burgundy of which I have the new boards for,
As for Pauls preference to eating 4 scythe burgers rather than playing C.O.B, I myself would rather eat the game. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Misson
United Kingdom
Southport
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, Southport is in Lancashire.
mbmbmbmbmb
FlipBook wrote:

Through The Ages
Castles of Burgendy
Le Harve
Brass

Graham

Will happily teach you through the ages which I will bring and brass which I dont own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FlipBook wrote:

Through The Ages
Castles of Burgendy
Le Harve
Brass

Graham

Something you shouldn't attempt is a game of Through the Ages with more than 2 new players. It's a long game, and there's a fair bit of waiting for your turn (you can only make detailed plans during the player before you turn). With 4 new players there's going to be a lot of rules checking, and possibly some undetected mistakes, with 3 new players the "expert" will be answering questions all game. Added to the slower pace of new players this could make it a very long event. I think 2 experienced players and 2 new players would work out reasonably.

In any case anyone intending to play this for the first time should watch a video tutorial - I recommend this concise 10 minute video

http://boardgamegeek.com/video/15541/through-the-ages-a-stor...

The game isn't particularly complicated (compared to the stuff we play Mondays anyway) but it is fiddly, and knowing the rules will allow new players to think about their moves rather than the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarabanza wrote:
I should be there. I'll bring no games that James likes.

You have a copy of Power Grid that I won't play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redessa wrote:
Will happily teach you through the ages which I will bring and brass which I dont own.

I'll pop a copy of Brass into the games library. As usual I'll bring a couple of Ikea bags worth of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.