Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tavis Parker
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
Self-publish your own games through The Game Crafter's print on demand service!
badge
Are you a game designer? Join over 175,000 users in our community who love designing games and playing indie games!
mbmbmbmbmb

Next week Wednesday The Game Crafter is going to attempt a bold new experiment: we’re going to run a Kickstarter bundle project. Basically, we hand picked 8 games that we really like and are putting them together as a bundle for a very low price. This is an experiment, because we’re testing out both the bundle concept, and the methodology for running a campaign to see how the larger gaming community likes it. If it does well, we’ll do more in the future.

In our first ever bundle, there are 8 games, starting with our favorite game in the bundle Village in a Box.

We’re working with the designer of Village in a Box, Peter Jackson, to develop some new expansions as stretch goals.
The other games in the bundle (in no particular order) are: Trade Fleet, Noueni, Dungeoneering Dolls, Railroads, Monster City Planners, Starship Battles, and Overlords. We feel they’re all great games in their own right, but you don’t have to take our word for it. Over the next few weeks Gamer’s Remorse will be releasing reviews on each one of these games so you can get a better feel for them.

We’ll post more details soon. We just wanted to give you a heads up that this was happening. We’d love to hear your feedback on this little experiment of ours. Leave some comments below!

Official announcement: http://news.thegamecrafter.com/post/72667820123/tgcs-kicksta...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm certainly not going to begrudge promoting smaller games, but I'm not quite understanding this. Are these games already considered published and available POD through GC?

If so, what's exactly being "Kickstarted?" Why not just run a bundle promotion and save yourself the cut Amazon and KS would be getting from your campaign.

Or are you planning on doing a large print run of these games and effectively stocking the bundles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tavis Parker
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
Self-publish your own games through The Game Crafter's print on demand service!
badge
Are you a game designer? Join over 175,000 users in our community who love designing games and playing indie games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. There's some discussion taking place about this right now on BGDF and I figured it would be useful to point you there for more info. There's also a preview link to the KS campaign so you can see exactly what we're doing. Thanks!

http://www.bgdf.com/node/13808
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
There are several things that bing on Kickstarter gets us that going it alone would not.

1) Being on Kickstarter gets us outside The Game Crafter's echo chamber. It draws more attention to these games and The Game Crafter itself.

2) It creates a sense of urgency. We need a bunch of orders all at once in order to do the price reduction.

3) Village in a Box will be getting several Kickstarter specific expansions that it wouldn't otherwise have gotten. These will be presented as stretch goals.

4) The Game Crafter will be getting several Kickstarter specific enhancements it wouldn't have otherwise gotten, which will also be presented as stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there going to be a (reasonable!) international option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
the KS preview link showed that it may not be quite as reasonable. :/

all 8 games $89 +$56 shipping to Asia (+$46 to Europe)

It looks cool and I would love to have and play all these games, but that's a big no for me on shipping.

I wish you luck with this campaign though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
the KS preview link showed that it may not be quite as reasonable. :/

all 8 games $89 +$56 shipping to Asia (+$46 to Europe)

It looks cool and I would love to have and play all these games, but that's a big no for me on shipping.

I wish you luck with this campaign though!

Well, once again, count me out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Sorry guys. Haven't yet invented transporter technology. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paterno
United States
Coatesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Link to campaign
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thegamecrafter/village-i...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.