Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Schwerdtfeger
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone who chose to wait to get coins and game at the same time actually received their game yet?

I'd appreciate if Minion Games could provide an update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Right there with ya.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kiley
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the publishers comment here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/14451916#14451916

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ditto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been waiting on concrete information to share an actual update to the campaign. I'm waiting on an actual delivery time from the shipper in Chicago. The stuff is through customs but the bad weather here in the Midwest has slowed the final delivery to our warehouse. I expect to be shipping copies of Hegemonic and Coins and Foam Dice out Thursday or Friday. But might be as late as next week.

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
The substance of this post has been delete by the author and replaced with:

TL: DR; vent, mash teeth, calm restoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwerdtfeger
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
The substance of this post has been delete by the author and replaced with:

TL: DR; vent, mash teeth, calm restoring.

Huh?

I just wanted to make sure I hadn't somehow missed something. I talked to Minion at BGG.Con and decided not to pick up there. Since I'm sitting on a stack of unopened games, whether I get the game in one week or three isn't really all that important. I just hadn't heard for a while, and wanted to make sure I didn't miss the delivery in some way.

So, not all posts are angry . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Waylander1: my initial writing was along the lines of seeing games sold and restocked at my FLGS when my KS copy hasn't shipped yet. It is frustrating to me as someone who paid months in advance that anyone can walk into a local store, pay $1 more (plus tax) and be playing it tonight. And they've had that option for about a month.

But I didn't want to really pull down the thread with that, so I got a little to cute and summarized myself with venting and teeth mashing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delivery is scheduled for Friday! 1/9/2014
Well I'm about to pull out my hair as it's taken a whole week for the companies involved to get the shipment from Chicago to Milwaukee area (a 90 min drive) after it already cleared customs. I am always amazed at how America functions sometimes. So many incompetent middle-men...

Anyway, the good news is that a truck with the Coins, Bags, and Foam Dice will be at our warehouse this Friday between 12-3pm. I don't have the stuff in-hand at this moment so there is always a remote chance something else will delay things another day- but at this point we plan to start shipping Friday and work Saturday too. Hopefully the majority of our backers will have their rewards by the end of next week!

Thank you all again for your patience in all of this. Much of this has been out of our control, but at last it's here and we can all finally enjoy the products.

James
- Minion Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwerdtfeger
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:
Well I'm about to pull out my hair as it's taken a whole week for the companies involved to get the shipment from Chicago to Milwaukee area (a 90 min drive) after it already cleared customs. I am always amazed at how America functions sometimes. So many incompetent middle-men...

Anyway, the good news is that a truck with the Coins, Bags, and Foam Dice will be at our warehouse this Friday between 12-3pm. I don't have the stuff in-hand at this moment so there is always a remote chance something else will delay things another day- but at this point we plan to start shipping Friday and work Saturday too. Hopefully the majority of our backers will have their rewards by the end of next week!

Thank you all again for your patience in all of this. Much of this has been out of our control, but at last it's here and we can all finally enjoy the products.

James
- Minion Games

The learning experience for all of us as consumers (and I really hope for folks like Minion and Treefrog and Tasty Minstrel and Cambridge Games Factory as publishers) is that apparently distribution isn't very easy, and it shouldn't be taken lightly.

James, I am not trying to be overly critical of you (because it seems to be a prevailing theme on Kickstarter), but I don't really buy your "out of our control" statement (or similar statements in connection with other Kickstarter projects). Ultimately, as consumers, we expect it to be in your control. (I can for sure say that it isn't in our control.) I think a more sympathetic statement would be something along the lines of "we didn't know how hard and confusing it would be". While I know you'd still get a lot of complaining, but I for one would be sympathetic.

Kickstarter is still relatively new, and I know companies like Minion are treading in new and unchartered waters with crowdsourcing and this sort of delivery mechanism. I just hope that publishers are learning to consider all of the supply chain difficulties and do a better job of managing expectations in the future.

Having said that, I saw Hegemony at BGG.Con and it looks great! I am eagerly awaiting my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Marx
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the comments section of Update 49, posted yesterday: "The velvet bags (the bane of my existence these last few months) didn't show with the delivery we got - so I think they were sent to Indian by mistake. We'll get them routed back here and start shipping Hegemonics late this week. In the mean time we're working hard on the other kickstarter deliveries like the Coins and Foam dice."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imarx wrote:
From the comments section of Update 49, posted yesterday: "The velvet bags (the bane of my existence these last few months) didn't show with the delivery we got - so I think they were sent to Indian by mistake. We'll get them routed back here and start shipping Hegemonics late this week. In the mean time we're working hard on the other kickstarter deliveries like the Coins and Foam dice."

All of the bags are in Germany now :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it appears the manufacturer sent all the bags, instead of just some of the bags to our German partner. They should get them the week of the 18th and they have agreed to air-ship them back to the USA soon as they can. But that adds another week or two delay to Hegemonic going out.

To be fair though, we're working EVERY day of the week with 3-5 people on staff shipping what we can of the 3 kickstarters that all came in. It's going to take us a week just get to the point of even needing the bags to start shipping out Hegemonic. So it's not like if they were here right now that all 800 copies would get mailed out today. It's much more complicated and time consuming then that.

We've shipped for 8-12 hours a day every day since Friday and we've just completed shipping out all USA Future Coin ONLY orders. We're now going to start shipping USA Foam Dice ONLY orders and then Dice+Coins. By the time that's done it'll be the week of the 18th.

I figure by the end of the month though everyone will have their Hegemonic and coins and foam dice. We're doing the best that we can.

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Cañada Ramos
Spain
Barcelona
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here in Europe we still waiting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated above the delivery for the bags and coins are only expected in the EU this week and then they have to plan and ship... so at least a week.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
artayd2
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Still awaiting mine and I see this...

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/mniheg100.html

Wahhbulance!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
artayd2 wrote:
Still awaiting mine and I see this...

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/mniheg100.html

Wahhbulance!!

By the time I add everything up (coins & game) I figure I still saved $20 on the KS expenditure over buying the game from MM and the coins from James outside of the KS. Plus I got the arbiter token, a couple extra cards, and other KS fluff. So I'm still plenty happy with the financial aspect!

But in this regard I feel your pain. MM has Hegemonic. I don't!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Cañada Ramos
Spain
Barcelona
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here in Spain I received the game, but I'm still waiting the extra coins...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned in the updates the German company is sending coins in a seperate package from the Hegemonic. About a week apart.

We're shipping Hegemonic & Coins now in the USA, but even with 3 people on staff it's going to take a week or two more to complete yet. We're doing the best we can with so many coin orders being a manual pick and taking a couple minutes for each just to get the coins in the order.

Very large and foreign orders kind of fall to do last. Anyone who has their Hegemonic but is waiting on their extras (bags, etc) will also be last in line for shipping.

Hope that helps understand the timeline.

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Marx
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today in Boston. Guess I got lucky this time and was in the first wave Everything looks great, this game is ridiculously heavy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
artayd2
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine was delivered in Connecticut today, shocked how much heft the CAP's have!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Foley
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received mine in Maine yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Between here and the comments section of the Hegemonic KS page, I now have to wear a bib whenever I log on. laugh

Update: I am bibbed no more! Hegemonic arrived today!

Now on to the inventory...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sokadr wrote:
Between here and the comments section of the Hegemonic KS page, I now have to wear a bib whenever I log on. laugh

Update: I am bibbed no more! Hegemonic arrived today!

Now on to the inventory...

Jealous!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valentines Day and I still ain't got no Hegemonic love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.