A Fistful of Penguins» Forums » Rules

Subject: Kangaroo Discs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get a kangaroo in the first round, you get a kangaroo disc with one kangaroo.

Let's say you don't get any kangaroos on your dice in the second round. But you spend your disc to turn one dice over to a kangaroo.

Do you flip your kangaroo disc over to two kangaroos? Or, because you've spent it, do you only get it back with a single kangaroo? Or, because you bought your kangaroo, do you lose the disc completely?

What about if you roll kangaroos in the second round and spend the disc in the second round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davymast wrote:
...because you've spent it, do you only get it back with a single kangaroo?...

Pretty sure it is this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
From the rules:
If you score kangaroos during the second round, take a kangaroo chip and turn it over to show two. If you still have a kangaroo chip from the first round, you just turn it over. You may not have two kangaroo chips.

It doesn't say you can't count scoring kangaroos from your chip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, you can use your single kangaroo chip in the second round to convert any showing animal to a kangaroo, then if you *score* a kangaroo at the end of the second round, you get the two kangaroo side of the chip for use in the third round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to know, here I thought that if you didn't have a kangaroo chip after the first round and would get one in the second round you only get the one and not the two side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
I thought that if you didn't have a kangaroo chip after the first round and would get one in the second round you only get the one and not the two side.

From what Jonathan said above, what you thought originally is correct. You only get two kangaroos in the final round if you picked up a disc in the first round. The key word being then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grand slam wrote:
...you can use your single kangaroo chip in the second round to convert any showing animal to a kangaroo, then if you *score* a kangaroo at the end of the second round...

Surely if you use your single kangaroo chip to convert any showing animal to a kangaroo, then you will always score a kangaroo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Actually, if you score lions, you won't score the kangaroo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
davymast wrote:
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
I thought that if you didn't have a kangaroo chip after the first round and would get one in the second round you only get the one and not the two side.

From what Jonathan said above, what you thought originally is correct. You only get two kangaroos in the final round if you picked up a disc in the first round. The key word being then.

Jonathan did not say what happens if you don't get a kangaroo chip in the first round. But other posters answered that question. You get a double kangaroo chip when you get it in the second round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, if you don't score a kangaroo in the first round and you do in the second round, you get a double kangaroo. The theory is that scoring kangaroos in the second round when you could be scoring something else or penguins is more of a lost opportunity, so we wanted to prevent kangaroos from being an auto-reroll in the first two rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tx for clearing that up for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.