Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pardon any mis-remebering here as I dont have the game in front of me.

Your load level is adjusted at the beginning of the round.
You use the back of your second character card to mark your LL.
The dice are rolled giving you the appropriate # of actions, which you mark using the bottom 1/2 of the second character card. This covers up your record of what load level you were at (though at this point you can re-compute it)

So say I float down the river collecting treasure as I go and then try to exit the river. To exit, I roll a number of dice per what procedure?
A) Take note of my remaining actions, re-compute my load level based on current treasures and roll that many dice.
OR
B) Roll a number of dice equal to my load level determined at the start of the round (which I longer have "record" of)?

I'm inclined to believe "A". It makes thematic sense. However, there is no mention of computing your LL anywhere but at the beginning of the turn. I am also inclined to believe either way that it is a poor use of multi-functional components. For both the bridge and the river there will be points where I want to know both my LL and my remaining actions, which are tracked by the same card. It isn't a big deal, but I can see someone re-computing their load level and then going "how many actions did I have left?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
A) It is based on your current Load Level including anything you picked up this turn. But it has nothing to do with any remaining actions you may have. It only counts Load Level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
BTW, it is in the rules on page 12, exiting the river:

Quote:
To resolve this special action,
the player rolls a number of dice equal to his
Adventurer’s current Load Level (so taking
into account the Treasure cards collected
during this turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Count your cards, cross your fingers. It's all about the load you have at the moment you try to exit at the falls.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
BTW, it is in the rules on page 12, exiting the river:

Quote:
To resolve this special action,
the player rolls a number of dice equal to his
Adventurer’s current Load Level (so taking
into account the Treasure cards collected
during this turn).

Dang! I really thought I'd had read the rulebook over pretty well. Thanks for the replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
A) It is based on your current Load Level including anything you picked up this turn. But it has nothing to do with any remaining actions you may have. It only counts Load Level.

Yeah, I understood that it had nothing to do with the actions EXCEPT you have to move your character card (which tracks your actions) in order to determine your load level. Your remaining actions are unchanged regardless of what the new LL is...as long as you remember how many you had. Not a big deal, but I can see people forgetting to take note before they move their character cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nate_lockhart wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Yeah, I understood that it had nothing to do with the actions EXCEPT you have to move your character card (which tracks your actions) in order to determine your load level. Your remaining actions are unchanged regardless of what the new LL is...as long as you remember how many you had. Not a big deal, but I can see people forgetting to take note before they move their character cards.

Just to be clear - There is nothing to forget. When exiting the river you recalculate your load level. This also would apply to the Bridge: you calculate according to your load level at that moment in time. Of course this would most likely not change in the case of the bridge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

We never move the character cards. We just count on our fingers, so it's pretty easy at that point.

I think people overthink games now. We never had these problems prior to the Internet.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.