Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple of questions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Antonio
Honduras
flag msg tools
3 questions.
-In adventure 9 where you have to close the fissures, the adventure book says you trade move actions to damage the fissures, so you can deal 2 damage on a turn by doing nothing. Does this mean Drizzt can deal 3 damage on a turn by doing nothing?
-This is more a general question about movement. I know I cant move between two Wall corners, but does this apply to monsters too, who's squares corners touch? Or a monster square and Wall under the same circumstance?
-Another general question. Can trap enocunters be cancelled when drawn or must you wait till the trap is in play to disable it?
Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about quest 9, but Monsters only move by tiles and when moving by tiles you never move diagonally.

As for Traps, yes they can be canceled just like any other encounter.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Antonio
Honduras
flag msg tools
Sorry I think I formulated the second question poorly, I meant If a Hero can move between two monsters that have the corners of their squares touching or do the monsters work like if the were walls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drizzt would only get two move actions like anyone else, so he could only do 2 damage max on his turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Beaudet
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
page 8 of rules state that you cannot move your hero into a square occupied by a monster, so they do act like a wall. You can pass through a square occupied by another hero though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totihno wrote:
3 questions.
-In adventure 9 where you have to close the fissures, the adventure book says you trade move actions to damage the fissures, so you can deal 2 damage on a turn by doing nothing. Does this mean Drizzt can deal 3 damage on a turn by doing nothing?
-This is more a general question about movement. I know I cant move between two Wall corners, but does this apply to monsters too, who's squares corners touch? Or a monster square and Wall under the same circumstance?
-Another general question. Can trap enocunters be cancelled when drawn or must you wait till the trap is in play to disable it?
Thanks in advance.

I've always played that you can move diagonally between two monsters, or even a monster and a wall, but I'm not sure that's correct. I think your question is a good one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus Maximus wrote:

I've always played that you can move diagonally between two monsters, or even a monster and a wall, but I'm not sure that's correct. I think your question is a good one.

I have played it similarly, reasoning being that the monsters are not solid objects that fill the whole square. But there is no official answer to this, I would just suggest that you pick either way and stick with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a pretty big question not to have an official answer on.

If a hero cannot move this way, it greatly changes the way you'd want to place monsters - you'd have to be sure to leave yourself an escape route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really see the problem - the rules allow you to move diagonally but not between two walls. Monsters are not walls, so you can move diagonally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.