4 Posts

Rommel in the Desert» Forums » Rules

Subject: Withdrawal of disrupted units after a battle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools

During an Allied player turn, seven units were assigned fortress supply to Tobruk and Bardia as the supply line to the base was cut at Sollum. Two of them were in a battle hex at El Adern and shielding other disrupted units from enemy.

In the next Axis player turn, German units eliminated the two shielding units in a combat. All disrupted units, which were out of supply at the time of the combat, were subject to rout immediately. Because they could not make withdrawal move while oos, they should be eliminated. However, the two supplied shielding units were eliminated after the combat. Can two disrupted units now trace supply to Bardia so as to make a withdrawal move avoiding elimination?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joekong_hk wrote:
However, the two supplied shielding units were eliminated after the combat. Can two disrupted units now trace supply to Bardia so as to make a withdrawal move avoiding elimination?

I don't think so. See this bit in 13.3: "Units assigned Fortress Supply must use the Fortress as their Supply Source throughout that player Player Turn: it cannot be negated or switched to another unit..." and "...friendly forces not assigned Fortress Supply cannot trace Supply Lines or Withdraw towards the Fortress (even if located in the same hex as Fortress Supplied units)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools

kuhrusty wrote:
joekong_hk wrote:
However, the two supplied shielding units were eliminated after the combat. Can two disrupted units now trace supply to Bardia so as to make a withdrawal move avoiding elimination?

I don't think so. See this bit in 13.3: "Units assigned Fortress Supply must use the Fortress as their Supply Source throughout that player Player Turn: it cannot be negated or switched to another unit..." and "...friendly forces not assigned Fortress Supply cannot trace Supply Lines or Withdraw towards the Fortress (even if located in the same hex as Fortress Supplied units)."

Thanks for your prompt reply, Rusty.

That means the two disrupted units will be eliminated after the combat because they are out of supply at the start of the combat and cannot switch to fortress supply in that same player turn. Do I understand right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joekong_hk wrote:
That means the two disrupted units will be eliminated after the combat because they are out of supply at the start of the combat and cannot switch to fortress supply in that same player turn. Do I understand right?

Yeah, that's the way I read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.